PDA

View Full Version : E38 Ecu

general23cmp
June 18th, 2008, 05:50 AM
Can any E38 OS be loaded onto any generic E38 ECU, for example, out of a junk yard? If I found a 2007 Yukon ECU and wanted to have a 2007 Manual Corvette OS on it, can that be done? This ECU is going into a old truck, and the corvette calibration would be a better fit. Any issues with this? Can I get a generic E38 ECU to look, software-wise, exactly (OS and calibration) like a specific vehicle?

eboggs_jkvl
June 18th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Search might be your friend.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=8302

Elmer

general23cmp
June 18th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Read it (before and after posting) and still have the same question....search could be my friend....tried it, no luck so far....still searching...thanks anyway.

eboggs_jkvl
June 18th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Well, you said the "corvette calibration would be a better fit" You wanted the software from the E38 ECU. That attachment fits both those requirements. Shoot, I tried! :D

Elmer

general23cmp
June 18th, 2008, 01:00 PM
I appreciate it. I'm new to EFI Live, and the main portion of my question that I wanted to know was whether any E38 ECU, for example a 2007 Tahoe, could hold any calibration, for example the 2007 corvette, or does the OS on the E38 have to be a specific one to hold that calibration. I assume they wouldnt be the same OS.

If a specific OS is required, then can the OS be swapped to a corvette OS that would hold it? Maybe I needed to word it differently. Maybe the Tahoe OS would be capable of an EFI Live OS upgrade that could hold the corvette one rather than a specific corvette OS...I'm just unsure how they all tie together and what is available.

Overall, I have found an E38 ECU out of a junk yard and I'd like to put the corvette calibration on it, but was worried about the OS compatibility. Are calibrations specific to one OS?

eboggs_jkvl
June 19th, 2008, 02:10 AM
My understanding is the installation of the OS can be put on any similar designated ECU. So, E38 for one car is an E38 for any car. If the car needs an E38, you can usually slap any OS that came from an E38 base into it. As long as the size of the OS is comparable to the original OS you can write it. Send a PM to wait4me and ask him. He has this stuff down to a science. I am not the "professional" tuner in here so confirm with him for the "final" answer.

Elmer

general23cmp
June 19th, 2008, 02:16 AM
Thanks! What is your understanding regarding calibrations? Can they be wirtten to different OS's or does a specific calibration require a specific OS? For example, could I write a corvette calibration to a yukon OS if they are both E38 computers?

eboggs_jkvl
June 19th, 2008, 05:27 AM
Thanks! What is your understanding regarding calibrations? Can they be wirtten to different OS's or does a specific calibration require a specific OS? For example, could I write a corvette calibration to a yukon OS if they are both E38 computers?

wait4me. Contact him with your questions.