PDA

View Full Version : 4.8 that needs serious help off the line

chevyman08
June 18th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Ok my truck is extremely slow at opening up off the line. I believe that it has to do with the throttle managment and all that stuff, but if someone could guide me as to how to get my truck to move a little more off the line I would appreciate it.

Ritch
June 18th, 2008, 11:48 AM
turn off the PE delay and zero torque reduction if it's an automatic

chevyman08
June 18th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Is that completely safe

charcold-bowtie
June 18th, 2008, 12:50 PM
pe delay is safe as is the other i think. At least mine is set up that way....

ScarabEpic22
June 19th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Post up your tune man.

Id defintelty start with reducing/removing the PE delay and lowering TM by 75-80%. Ive run 0TM and 0 shift times for the past year and 20K+ miles but Im an I6 and my TrailBlazer weighs less than your truck. I wouldnt recommend 0 TM unless you get your trans beefed a little.

chevyman08
June 19th, 2008, 10:06 AM
I took off the PE delay and set the managment to zero and nothing was helped out at all...

Aloicious
June 19th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Post up your tune man.

Id defintelty start with reducing/removing the PE delay and lowering TM by 75-80%. Ive run 0TM and 0 shift times for the past year and 20K+ miles but Im an I6 and my TrailBlazer weighs less than your truck. I wouldnt recommend 0 TM unless you get your trans beefed a little.

I've had TM removed and 0 shift times for 4+ months and I'm running a ECSB w/ a L31 350 and have had no ill effects.

Without seeing your tune, I'd say part (if not most of) the problem is probably your gearing. if you stepped it up to say 4.10s or something, it would probably help out a bit with the off the line speed, but would also increase your cruizing RPM's a bit, so its a give/take situation.

edit: you can also take off abuse mode too, its a form of torque management, I've had it off also w/o problems. post up your tune and we can probably help out more.

chevyman08
June 19th, 2008, 03:45 PM
OK can anyone just send me a good 2003 4.8 tune that I can get some good gains out of if i send you my stock tune?

Aloicious
June 19th, 2008, 04:00 PM
OK can anyone just send me a good 2003 4.8 tune that I can get some good gains out of if i send you my stock tune?

if you attach it to your post someone can probably take a look at it and give some better suggestions.

cmitchell17
June 21st, 2008, 04:55 AM
Is your truck electronic thottle. Make sure the PE delay is off. Off the line for a stock truck dosent need to be very rich at all 12.8-13.5 off the line but don't add to much timing over stock for a leaner PE becuase you don't need it.

Electronic throttle porbably might have something to do with it but I don't have any experience with ETC.

chevyman08
June 21st, 2008, 09:44 AM
It is an electronic throttle...how do i help that?

chevyman08
June 22nd, 2008, 03:38 AM
It is Electronic throttle how do I fix that?

ScarabEpic22
June 23rd, 2008, 12:35 PM
You dont "fix" that man, just means there's no throttle cable just wires going from the pedal to the PCM to the throttle body. You should see something change with 0ing TM and PE delay.

Post your tune up man, we cant just give you a tune for your engine that will work. Every one is a little different, but I think we can point you in the right direction.

Aloicious, good to know you guys can do this without grenading your trans. I just dont want to go around saying its safe to do on the V8s as Ive seens TrailBlazer SSs with the LS2 go through transmissions (4L70E). Too much engine and weight for the 4L70E.