PDA

View Full Version : This one is for Ross and Paul

bballer182
June 19th, 2008, 03:12 PM
OK,
Truck: 06 silverado LBZ
V2, 7.5.4 build 62, 8.1.1, June 12 v2 firmware.
Problem, Flashed a tune in both tranny and engine and it pops up with the MIL. pulled codes u0116 and b0283. I took a while to read the codes. with just the flashscan i was getting intermittent $0281 error. Tried doing pass through to read the codes and the scan program is saying some modules did not respond. it want tell me which ones. in the modules tab it says it detected $11 and $18 the tranny and engine controllers. when i connect just the v2 it detects ECM TCM and something called GPM (i think).

So now to the weird stuff: So the code B0283 is rear defrost heater circuit. The only way i have had to read the code is with BB. I have just discovered that when i plug into the truck it says CAN but when i select the LBZ auto pids it switches to VPW is it supposed to do that? I have just discovered today that if i read the code without selecting the LBZ pids the code comes out P0101 (mass airflow) but when i select the LBZ pids the code comes out as B0283. I think i have found that the reason the code was thrown in the first place was that in my last tune i have played a little with the MAF voltage translation, maybe a little too much.

So i will flash in a revised tune with the MAF table back to stock and see if the code returns.

But whats the deal with it displaying different code numbers? and why is the scan program saying some modules did not respond?

Blacky
June 20th, 2008, 05:13 PM
A new version is ready. It has a bunch of fixes for the problems you are seeing. I should be ready to release it tomorrow morning (your Sat night).
Check this forum for the new release thread.

A couple of fixes in the next update:

The GPM (glow plug module) got mixed up with the trans module when it was added during the update to allow injector calibration programming.

DTC's were not being reported correctly on LBZ/LMM in pass through mode.

DTC's werre incorrectly reporting some modules "did not reply" even if they all did reply.

DTCs now explain which modules (if any) did not reply and still shows the DTCs from modules that did reply.

Regards
Paul

bballer182
June 21st, 2008, 09:34 AM
Wow, cool. I'm glad it was software and not the truck. I'm also pretty impressed that you knew all of these were bugs in the current software and already have a new release almost ready.

Two thumbs up guys!