PDA

View Full Version : Hummer 6.0 tunes??

Riccas
June 20th, 2008, 07:22 AM
I am in desperate need of a econ tune for a 2007 H2 SUT with 6.0 motor. Anyone able to help me?? Even a 2500HD tune would give me something to go off of enough to tune the hummer.

THANX!!

dfe1
June 21st, 2008, 01:55 AM
Trying to get decent fuel economy out of a hummer is like trying to get a pig to fly-- somewhat difficult. It's tough to have any kind of fuel economy when you're dealing with a 6,000+ pound vehicle. But improvements are possible. To a point, getting the transmission into the highest gear as quickly as possible will help. But you have to trial and error test-- if you get too aggressive, the engine load will be excessive (relative to optimized shift points) or the trans will be continually downshifting and fuel economy will get worse. Using more aggressive DFCO (decel fuel cut off) settings will also make a noticeable improvement. Factory settings tend to be overly conservative. Spark timing can also be a source of improved fuel economy. The optimal settings are a function of fuel octane, altitude and driving style. I wouldn't be too quick to use a 2500 tune file unless you can get ALL the necessary details. The vehicles are different enough that unless you've been down this road before, you may actually be taking a step backwards by doing so. I'd start with the existing file and make the necessary mods. That way, you know what you're dealing with and won't spend time chasing issues related to file/vehicle compatibility.

Chevy366
June 21st, 2008, 02:24 AM
I feel your pain I have a crew cab 1500 HD with a 6.0L in it and it is tough to get any kind of mileage from it , heavy vehicle , lots of mass to get going .
I run a COS3 for the purpose of better mileage and I can tell you can get to a point that mileage goes to here and that is all you can get .
Good luck , DFCO and faster shifts help some , have never seen any proof that changing injector millivolts helps any ,timing in certain places helps some also .

8100 Power
September 29th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Anybody ever come up with any tunes for the Hummer 6.0?

Just got one, Every little squeeze will help.

Chevy366
September 30th, 2008, 03:08 AM
Try the new .cax files and see if you can get "lean cruise" to work , that will help quite a bit .

Riccas
October 6th, 2008, 01:58 AM
.cax files?

Something new with a new version? I've been working with the same release for the past 6 months or more. Just the first release that included LMM. 7.2?

MSURacing
January 15th, 2009, 05:11 AM
I feel your pain I have a crew cab 1500 HD with a 6.0L in it and it is tough to get any kind of mileage from it , heavy vehicle , lots of mass to get going .
I run a COS3 for the purpose of better mileage and I can tell you can get to a point that mileage goes to here and that is all you can get .
Good luck , DFCO and faster shifts help some , have never seen any proof that changing injector millivolts helps any ,timing in certain places helps some also .

What are you seeing for mileage on you 1500HD?
I have tuned a coulpe of them and they were getting 12 now they are at 14.

Chevy366
January 15th, 2009, 06:00 AM
What are you seeing for mileage on you 1500HD?
I have tuned a coulpe of them and they were getting 12 now they are at 14.

I get 13 city and 17.5 highway , with a new cam (Comp 54-412-11) and Pacesetter LT headers , no LC yet .

Gil

blackdeath
February 17th, 2009, 03:17 PM
what type of ecu does the 04 have

c5mtl
July 5th, 2009, 06:36 AM
i have a 06 h2 and i can do any better than 19L/100km city or highway driving....would love to try a new tune

MadMaxx61
July 28th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Any more info on H2 tunes as I have a friend that is looking to get a bit more out of his 03 till he can save up for a D-Max swap. I know that MPG will never be good in a H2 with a 6.0L but what about a bit of more power.