PDA

View Full Version : Autotune and boost!

SS2win
August 19th, 2005, 03:27 AM
So I don't find any mention of boosted applications. Will different levels of boost throw out the tune? Any special approch needed vs NA applications? :o

GMPX
August 19th, 2005, 03:40 AM
It will be fine, BEN factor is only comparing CMD AFR vs Actual.
Just make sure you create a BEN MAP in the scantool using the new boost VE table so you can apply the correction.

Cheers,
Ross

SS2win
August 19th, 2005, 03:53 AM
Thanks Ross. I just need to schedule some play time now... :P

GMPX
August 19th, 2005, 04:00 AM
Remember to fill that boost table with big numbers first up, Autotune can't fix melted pistons :shock:

Cheers,
Ross

SS2win
August 19th, 2005, 04:18 AM
:lol: yeah man. I'd like to say thanks for the docs. version 3 is da thing!

lplott
August 19th, 2005, 04:49 AM
SS2WIN,

Are you using the "Using 2/3 Bar Feature" and ""Auto VE Tuning" documents?

EDIT: Saw your other post, got the p/n.
Newbie question: did you have to change out your MAP sensor or did the scaling work fine from "Using 2/3 Bar Feature" work fine?

Looking to do the same type of tuning on Vette in sig tag.

Thanks,
Lonnie

SS2win
August 19th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Yep I will when the 2bar map comes in. Have everything else... this will give me time to mess around with the docs and tuning in general. The plan, subject to change, is to take the fuel and spark tables and code deletes from the existing tune, dump it into a stock bin then into the v3 os.

If I feel good about what I've done and I dont have 7 new ashtrays, I'll try to document whatever I do..

SS2win
September 20th, 2005, 06:22 AM
Just make sure you create a BEN MAP in the scantool using the new boost VE table so you can apply the correction.

OK so there is no mistake on my part, I read this to mean use {A0009} instead of {B0101} when pasting labels in the BEN column and row?

Thanks,

Andrew

SS2win
September 20th, 2005, 11:49 AM
well that's what I will do... getting in for the 200 mile trip home... hope it works ;)

C3vette75
December 1st, 2005, 04:54 PM
SS2win
So what was the results of your boosted autotune. How about telling us what you did and your results. Any thing that we should look out for when doing it. I would like to try a 2bar autotune on a magnacharged vet.

caver
December 1st, 2005, 06:33 PM
Have done a magnacharger,whipple and vortech.
Followed autotune procedures after fitting 2 bar map sensor and scaling it and scaling inj flow rate table. I chose to use the boost retard feature in the custom os, retarded 1 deg for each .1 bar boost.

If inj scaling is right VE table is very close and only needs minimal adjustment. Using boost retard feature means spark table does not have to be changed much.
The easiest to tune wqas the vortech as there is no low down boost. hardest was the magnacharger because of the all boost low down where the LS1 engines have the tendency to knock anyway.

SS2win
December 3rd, 2005, 03:26 AM
It went very well except for the fact that you REALLY need to tune on a dyno that can load the engine. It is nearly impossible to stay in the boost long enough to get the high tables logged properly. So most of the high end tuning I did was on a nice 3 mile stretch of road at 3am during the weekdays. 150 comes up fast with 500rwhp. What's worse is at that time of morning there is lots of Deer wandering around and your'e just waiting for one to jump in front of ya. :shock:

GMPX
December 3rd, 2005, 11:37 AM
Now that sounds like a better way to spend the night instead of in front of the TV :lol:

Cheers,
Ross

wait4me
December 3rd, 2005, 01:28 PM
Lol, Hmm, 3am tuning. brings back memories.. LOL

You know, If the cops would ever figure out the Deer thing, they would Be able to stop all speeders out there, All they would have to do is just Put Big stuffed Deer all up and down the roads in troubled areas, It would definatly work for me........ Instead, they just stick cop cars in the center of the curbs and stick a blow up maniquin in the front seat and leave it there all day.. :)

One day, ill get up enough nerves to go up to one of those cars and play girly dress up with the blow up doll and put it in a good pose for when they get back.. :)

Blacky
December 3rd, 2005, 02:11 PM
One day, ill get up enough nerves to go up to one of those cars and play girly dress up with the blow up doll and put it in a good pose for when they get back.. :)

Hey Jesse, how many frocks can you spare? :lol: :lol:

joecar
December 3rd, 2005, 06:20 PM
He he he, the only time of day here in So. Cal. were I get peace and quiet is after midnight, so that's when I can concentrate and get tuning stuff accomplished.

In NSW (one of the 6 states in Australia), the police have/had plywood cutouts of highway patrol cars (painted in the correct colours) positioned strategically (say, poking out from behind a big bush) on the side of major highways across the countryside (e.g. Hume Hwy near Goulburn); scares you witless when you see one up ahead in your highbeams while tearing along at 200+ km/h. :lol:

Scoota
December 4th, 2005, 12:27 AM
I can just imagine the thoughts going through your head when you see one of those cutouts. "Shhh!!!!ttt".

Cheers Scotty.