PDA

View Full Version : stuck in dead poll mode

stacks04
June 25th, 2008, 04:59 AM
i was in the process of doing the bbl updates and had gotten pretty far. i just downloaded the v8 and was trying to update the boot block and it is now stuck in dead poll. 2 lights are flashing and cant figure out what to do.

Racehemi
June 25th, 2008, 06:04 AM
That is normal, it's waiting for the firmware to be updated. Here is a snipit from the readme doc.

To be able to program a new boot block into FlashScan or AutoCal, it MUST be operating normally under firmware control. When you click the [Program] button in EFILive_Explorer, the boot block will be updated, and then the first sector of the firmware will be deliberately erased. The deliberate erasure forces FlashScan or AutoCal into dead poll mode until new firmware is programmed. So after a successful boot block upgrade, FlashScan or AutoCal will enter and stay in dead poll mode until new firmware is programmed into it.

Hope this helps

stacks04
June 25th, 2008, 06:33 AM
yeah i figured it out. i had to go into the explorer and figure out which boot block was in there, then i matched it to the proper firmware from another thread. then repeated the procedure using the latest boot block, and firmware. you read the same things enough times the answer is right there. then i calibrated the internal memory for bbl. i did not do the flash card because i dont have one yet and i am pretty sure you need it to format it. thanks anyway.

you can not flash tunes yet with just the flash scan correct?

ScarabEpic22
June 25th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Glad you got it working man!

No, you cannot BBF yet, soon hopefully! BBL seems like its been stable over the past 2 months, I havent had a problem (except with a VPW DTC thing that was fixed a few updates ago). Ive heard once BBL is done then BBF will commence!

Sparky8370
June 25th, 2008, 09:59 AM
If you stop drinking so much you won't get stuck in dead pole mode.

stacks04
June 26th, 2008, 12:45 AM

what????:doh2:

joecar
June 26th, 2008, 02:52 AM

what????:doh2:
That's funny...:hihi:...he's not referring to you specifically nor to FlashScan V2.