PDA

View Full Version : Shifts to soft from 1>2... HELP!

LS1FREEK
June 25th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Check out my tune and tell me what I did wrong!! I have a 2003 GMC Sierra 5.3, drop in K&N, cats removed, 3" flowmaster with turndown... Someone Please help me modify my tune!!! also a data log...

SRT10KLLR
June 25th, 2008, 04:01 PM
I looked at the tune you posted and there were a lot of changes to the tranny but most of them were only for the "Performance" part of the tune. Is your 1>2 shift soft even if you hit the tow/haul("Performance") button?

It seems you removed all the Torque Reduction and Shift Times in Performance but did nothing in the Normal cells.

Also, you increased the 1>2 Trans Pressures very slightly in the Normal mode and a lot more in Performance mode. Your 2>3 Trans Pressures were decreased slightly in the Performance mode in the middle cells.

So you really have not done much to the 1>2 shifts under Normal mode.

BTW, you probably should have posted this in the tranny section.

LS1FREEK
June 25th, 2008, 10:12 PM
My bad... I didn't know there was a tranny section!! LOL... Yes i was running it on tow/haul mode... I'll move this thread over to the tranny section... you can write back there

LS1FREEK
June 25th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Check out my tune and tell me what I did wrong!! It shifts good, but soft and i can definitely tell its slipping in the shift. I have a 2003 GMC Sierra 5.3, drop in K&N, cats removed, 3" flowmaster with turndown... Someone Please help me modify my tune!!! I could also take some advice on timing and afr... heres my tune and also 2 data logs, 1 with 0% tq managment and 1 with 10% tq management...
Just look at the file name.

joecar
June 26th, 2008, 02:41 AM
Moved/merged.

joecar
June 26th, 2008, 02:43 AM
MAF seems to peak out at ~210 g/s...

This means PCM's torque calculation will be low, which means pressure will be low.

Log TRQENG.

SRT10KLLR
June 26th, 2008, 03:53 AM
Have you thought about putting in a vette servo and shift kit? If your tranny is already slipping then I would think hard about doing anything.

LS1FREEK
June 26th, 2008, 06:40 AM
MAF seems to peak out at ~210 g/s...

This means PCM's torque calculation will be low, which means pressure will be low.

Log TRQENG.

This might sound stupid, but what do you mean by: Log TRQENG. ???

ScarabEpic22
June 26th, 2008, 08:56 AM
TRQENG is a PID for Engine Torque, select in the Scan tool when you go to log (keep channel count to less than 24).

Ive made a few changes to your file in the trans section, take a look and see what you think. They will just point you in the correct way, I just bumped the line pressures by 10% but you will probably want to fine tune them.

joecar
June 26th, 2008, 08:57 AM
On the PIDs tab, locate the pid TRQENG (click on the Caption column heading to sort on that column), and select it.... then when you log data from your vehicle, TRQENG will be included in the log data.

TRQENG does several things:
- it is the link pid into the shift pressure tables in the tune file,
- the PCM uses it to calculate/lookup pressure when not shifting.

LS1FREEK
June 26th, 2008, 10:42 AM
TRQENG is a PID for Engine Torque, select in the Scan tool when you go to log (keep channel count to less than 24).

Ive made a few changes to your file in the trans section, take a look and see what you think. They will just point you in the correct way, I just bumped the line pressures by 10% but you will probably want to fine tune them.

The tune you modified was the one that I already modified... Is the line pressure not gunna be to high now? Here is my stock tune if you wanna compare the two

ScarabEpic22
June 26th, 2008, 11:10 AM
I know, I downloaded both and saw you modded that one so its the one I used as a base. Those LPs are fine, my 2-3 and 3-4 are about 10% higher (1-2 isnt because I have a Vette 1-2 servo).

Do a comparo, the one I uploaded has a lot more trans stuff.