PDA

View Full Version : OS upgrade from 99 to 01 siverado help!

LS1FREEK
June 26th, 2008, 12:41 PM
This 99 chevy is my brothers, I'm tryin to upgrade his operating system from 99 to 2001 model. I have the stock 2001 tune from holdencrazy.com and I was just wondering how to change it. the way I understand it is that first i scan his stock tune to my computer then i do a Program PCM operating system and calibrations flash, and then I take the original tune and do a Program PCM calibrations only flash. Is this all I have to do? Then we're ready to go?

ChipsByAl
June 26th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Not exactly, you would need to open EFI_Live twice and see what is different. Open one as a 1999 and the other as the 2001. The Operating Systems are different and therefore all of the calibration segments could possibly be set up different. I would recommend starting with a 2002 file since the custom operating systems are geared to it.
Al

Ritch
June 26th, 2008, 04:14 PM
what are the benifits?

charcold-bowtie
June 26th, 2008, 04:25 PM
99 pcm are VERY knock happy for one, after a cam swap my friends was pulling 8 degrees of KR pretty much everywhere off of idle.

LS1FREEK
June 26th, 2008, 04:37 PM
99 pcm are VERY knock happy for one, after a cam swap my friends was pulling 8 degrees of KR pretty much everywhere off of idle.

Thats exactly what my bros truck is doing!!

LS1FREEK
June 26th, 2008, 04:55 PM
so I literaly need to copy each and every adjustment like all the ve tables spark tables transmission adjustments etc.? Wouldn't that take forever? (not that I wouldn't still do it lol) There has got to be an easier way... right? His truck is cammed, full bolt ons, fully built tranny, stalled, geard, tire sized, etc...

LS1FREEK
June 27th, 2008, 03:28 PM
So I decided to go with a 2002 tune but it's not working!! I did a Program PCM operating system and calibrations flash, It went thru with it but when I went back to scan it, it hadn't changed a thing! The OS# and calibration#'s and all the calibrations where still the same as the 99 as well!! I am so confused right now... lol... someone please help me!!

joecar
June 28th, 2008, 04:54 AM
Did you copy-with-labels/paste-with-labels each and every table from your 99 file to your 02 file...?

When finished copying/pasting all the tables, did you save the 02 file (with a new filename)...?

When you compare the new 02 file with the original 02 file (using File->Load Alternate and File->Display Calibration Difference), does the tunetool list the differences...?

Ritch
August 28th, 2008, 01:40 PM
did it work? has your knock happy condition been solved? inquiring minds want to know