PDA

View Full Version : Willing to Pay for Tuning Help

NASABlue
June 26th, 2008, 11:12 PM
I've been dicking around with this BS for 2 months.

I see people advertise for mail order tunes, what would be the difference from taking my log file and tuing file and getting em dialed in using my efi live and lc-1. The only thing I can thik of is that it would be easier.

I've begged and pleeded for help. I'm not UNICEF. I can reimburse someone if they can produce results in a timely fashion. I do not expect it to take longer than a day and the faster you get my car running the faster you make $$ AND MOVE ON!

I've gotten my afr worked out at wot by adjusting the maf, but there's bucking, surging at different places from 2000 rpm and down. There's no sustainable idle and it swings wildly like a POS lawn mower Basically the drivability sucks.

THis is the way I imagened it working when I bought efi live:

-I send you my tun and log file.
-You send me a tune to load and log.
-I send you back the log with any observations.
-You make any adjustments nescessar and send me a tune to load and/or talk me through the adjustments to make.
-Repeat untill car is tuned.

Can anyone help me?

NASABlue
June 26th, 2008, 11:28 PM
My name is Ray

My phone # is 703-944-4635.

Thank you

joecar
June 27th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Ray,

Try contacting some tuners... here is a partial list of some that come to mind (in no particular order):

- Wait4Me (Jesse)
- Green Light Motorsports (Chad)
- DC_Justin (Black Bear Performance)
- Redline Motorsports (Howard)
- Doc and EuroSpec1 (EFI Alchemy)

and there are various others...

Most of those will tune-by-email for you... some of them will require your car to run it on their dyno.

You're right... this forum is aimed at the tools and the audience is mostly DIY'ers, and I do aplogize.

Cheers,
Joe
:)

hquick
June 27th, 2008, 03:06 PM
NOTHING to 'aplogize' for Joe! :lol:

WHYTRYZ06
June 28th, 2008, 05:22 AM
My name is Ray

My phone # is 703-944-4635.

Thank you

ray, where are u from??? city i mean..

dc_justin
June 28th, 2008, 06:29 AM
Ray,

Try contacting some tuners... here is a partial list of some that come to mind (in no particular order):

- Wait4Me (Jesse)
- Green Light Motorsports (Chad)
- DC_Justin (Black Bear Performance)
- Redline Motorsports (Howard)
- Doc and EuroSpec1 (EFI Alchemy)

and there are various others...

Most of those will tune-by-email for you... some of them will require your car to run it on their dyno.

You're right... this forum is aimed at the tools and the audience is mostly DIY'ers, and I do aplogize.

Cheers,
Joe
:)

Tune round 1 is in Ray's car right now. :)

NASABlue
June 28th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Justin is kicking but and I so appreciate his help.

I don't know why I'v been messing around with tuning the maf, other than that is the way I was being guided. I definately learned stuff bout making tables and which pids to use and look at and even how to make a map and take percentage out/in the maf g/sec, but I could never get the car to idle right.

Thanks Justin,
Look fwd to round 2.

kbracing96
June 28th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Tune round 1 is in Ray's car right now. :)
Show off... ;) :cheers:

joecar
June 28th, 2008, 03:05 PM
KB, I am sorry I forgot to mention Kbracing in that list above...

Someplace we should make a list of tuners that we can hand to people.

hquick
June 28th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Someplace we should make a list of tuners that we can hand to people.

Good idea Joe. :cheers:

hquick
June 28th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Something I haven't figued out yet....
Ray...why did you buy DIY tuning software if you don't want to take the time to DIY?
Did someone lead you astray with how the software works?
EFILive and the Moates Road Runner is as close to 'automatic, self tuning' as is available on the market....as far as I know.
You would have been better off going straight to someone like Justin rather han waisting your money on the software.

TAQuickness
June 28th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Reading between the ranting lines, Ray seems to be very much a DIY guy. Tuning just hasn't turned out to be his cup of tea - yet :)

Hang in there Ray, you'll get there.

NASABlue
June 30th, 2008, 03:26 AM
Reading between the ranting lines, Ray seems to be very much a DIY guy. Tuning just hasn't turned out to be his cup of tea - yet :)

Hang in there Ray, you'll get there.

You are right, my whole life is DIY, Thanks man! :cheers:

Thanks to everyone who have offered help and support, DC Justin and I are continuing to work through it. Hat is off to him!