PDA

View Full Version : mcrat tune?

hondarider552
June 27th, 2008, 11:07 AM
i recently ran the mcrat race tune, and best run was a 14.48 @ 96 mph..seems like everyone who is running it gets into the 12's :help2:. it seems like it was really strong off the line but one 2nd gear shift came, it would fall on its face like defueling, and then pickup right where it left off from. Is there something :secret: that i dont know of? any help would be appreciated.
Brian

MMLMM
June 27th, 2008, 11:29 AM
i recently ran the mcrat race tune, and best run was a 14.48 @ 96 mph..seems like everyone who is running it gets into the 12's :help2:. it seems like it was really strong off the line but one 2nd gear shift came, it would fall on its face like defueling, and then pickup right where it left off from. Is there something :secret: that i dont know of? any help would be appreciated.
Brian
What else are you running on your truck? after you installed tune did you let trans relearn? have you adj. shift points. Built or stock trans?

hondarider552
June 27th, 2008, 11:35 AM
i let the trans re-learn for about 100 miles. didnt mess with shift points. built trans scIII/1056 from mike.

rcr1978
June 28th, 2008, 06:05 AM
What about a lift pump, are you doing boosted launches in 4x4? You will need sleeves for the tie rods, pitman & idler braces, front end let down so the cv's are close to being strait, clamp the rear springs, these are things you will need to do a good hard boosted launch. How big of tires are you running?

McRat
June 28th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Some LBZ's have traction control on the 1-2 shift.

It can now be programmed out, and does not affect all vehicles.

Just email Kat your tune with a letter stating when you bought the tune, and I will fix it.

You did buy it from us, right?

And yes, there are alot of LBZ's running 12's on the Wendy tune.

Dtuner
June 28th, 2008, 10:08 AM
what rpm do you have the shift point set at? without looking at the tune sounds like youmay have maxed the stock cam ,on my engine dyno the stock cam is all done at 3300 rpm, no matter what tune you have in it. Just 1st thought that comes to mind Rick (Dtuner)

hondarider552
June 28th, 2008, 10:43 AM
What about a lift pump, are you doing boosted launches in 4x4? You will need sleeves for the tie rods, pitman & idler braces, front end let down so the cv's are close to being strait, clamp the rear springs, these are things you will need to do a good hard boosted launch. How big of tires are you running?

have tts LP, yes 4x4 boosted at 17psi. have nor cal HD rods, torsions lovered and bumpstops cut. have cognito front end braces. 285/70/17 nitto terra grapplers(32.8in)

what rpm do you have the shift point set at? without looking at the tune sounds like youmay have maxed the stock cam ,on my engine dyno the stock cam is all done at 3300 rpm, no matter what tune you have in it. Just 1st thought that comes to mind Rick (Dtuner)

I have not messed with any of the trans paramiters.

fire0021
June 29th, 2008, 04:06 AM
have tts LP, yes 4x4 boosted at 17psi. have nor cal HD rods, torsions lovered and bumpstops cut. have cognito front end braces. 285/70/17 nitto terra grapplers(32.8in)

I have not messed with any of the trans paramiters.

17 psi is way to much boost for a first gear launch. try launching at 2000 rpm you also need to log fuel presure both comanded and desired and check your fprv

camcojb
June 29th, 2008, 05:33 AM
Let Pat pull some of the defuel out. You'll also need to do some logging to verify timing, fuel pressure, actual pusle width, etc. to make sure the truck can run that tune without a lift pump; it's got quite a bit of fuel in it.

Once it's sorted out the truck with Pat's tune will run the number.

Jody

hondarider552
June 29th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Let Pat pull some of the defuel out. You'll also need to do some logging to verify timing, fuel pressure, pactual pusle width, etc. to make sure the truck can run that tune without a lift pump; it's got quite a bit of fuel in it.

Jody
will do jody.

fire0021
June 29th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Let Pat pull some of the defuel out. You'll also need to do some logging to verify timing, fuel pressure, pactual pusle width, etc. to make sure the truck can run that tune without a lift pump; it's got quite a bit of fuel in it.

Jody

yea no lift pump and u wont be going to fast

The Neens
June 30th, 2008, 08:07 AM

yea no lift pump and u wont be going to fast

have tts LP

As Jody suggested, do some logging to verify that the pumps are working properly and it's holding rail pressure...

McRat
July 1st, 2008, 02:21 AM

I run a stock LBZ cam to 797rwhp at 4400 RPM peak.

I could push it higher, but there are other limits we need to work through. It's not the cam.

blksmok
July 2nd, 2008, 01:10 AM
Some LBZ's have traction control on the 1-2 shift.

It can now be programmed out, and does not affect all vehicles.

Just email Kat your tune with a letter stating when you bought the tune, and I will fix it.

You did buy it from us, right?

And yes, there are alot of LBZ's running 12's on the Wendy tune.

Pat,
Brian (hondarider552) does not own EFILive (yet). He has PPE, and is looking to go with EFILive. He was very curious about your race tune so I loaded it for him and let him run it at the track. I got the tune from you at the EFILive class I attended. At that time, you told me I could share your tune (in the manner described above) so long as credit was given where credit is due. I did not alter the tune what-so-ever and Brian knew from the beginning, this was your tune, not mine. I hope your feelings on this have not changed, but if they have, let me know and I will not load it for Brian again. He does not have the tune itself, I loaded it for him and subsequently tuned it back to stock so he could continue to use his PPE tuner.

At any rate, when I first got the tune from you, I loaded the tune in my truck and it was exhibiting some similar behaviour to what Brian is reporting. At the time, I already had a tune I built myself that I prefered as my daily driver so I didn't look any further into your tune.

With that being said, if you want to continue to help Brian figure out what is going on with your tune, I'll email you the copy I have. It's the one that you gave out on the memory stick at the EFILive class.

Thanks,

roycerichards
January 16th, 2022, 04:51 AM
Would anyone happen to have this tune file that I could try please? Please pm me