PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Injection Adjustments for LBZ

LBZoom
June 27th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Hi there guys, I'm new to EFI live and just have a question about making adjustements to the pilot injection tables...

The LBZ runs with pilot #1 and #2 (post injection has been eliminated since I've read that it's simply for emissions and doesn't help economy at all), so my question is when is it more beneficial to adjust pilot #1 vs. Pilot #2? Are they both active all the time? The data I logged on a 0-60 run showed the pilot injection #1 operating towards the top of the chart and the pilot #2 operating at the very bottom.Also, I'm sure there is a balance between adjusting the pilot injections and tuning the pulse width, should the primary focus for tuning be on the pulse width of the main injections rather than upping the pilot injection amounts? And my last question....How much is too much when it comes to adjusting the pilot injections and pulse width on a stock motor/tranny? The only aftermarket options I have are a 5" turbo back Magnaflow, and soon a Banks ram air intake...eventually I'd like to finish the truck with tranny upgrades and a lift pump. Thanks for the help guys!

GMPX
July 2nd, 2008, 01:52 AM
Most of the time Pilot #1 is the active one, best to play with that.

Cheers,
Ross