PDA

View Full Version : Scan a 98 with Flashscan?

dlandsvZ28
August 19th, 2005, 03:38 PM
I have EFILive Flashscan V1.2 and it has been sitting in the box since Jan because I have always been under the impression that it couldn't be used because I have a 98 and 98's aren't supported yet.

I have a 98 Camaro and that's all I plan to use EFIlive for.

Since it was my belief that I couldn't use Flashscan for my 98 I never installed it or registered it. Again with understanding that if the 98 PCM can't be read, how will flashscan read it to register it.

However, recently, I was told that I can use this new version to scan with and also to log with using the USB, instead having to use the serial cable I use with my version of EFILive V6.

I have followed the forum since January and but can't find an answer or missed the discussion.

Would someone straighten me out as to what I can and can't do with EFILive Flashscan with my 98 Camaro?

Thanks.

Dirk Diggler
August 19th, 2005, 03:40 PM
you can scan till your heart is content you just can tune and flash as yet. Its comming....

dlandsvZ28
August 19th, 2005, 03:44 PM
So I can log too using the logger without a laptop, using USB?

Dirk Diggler
August 19th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Yup

dlandsvZ28
August 19th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Thanks for straightening a dummy out.

kp
August 19th, 2005, 04:26 PM
I have been using the block box loger for a couple months now on my 98, just make sure you use 'dynamic' and I have to put 110ms delay in or it freaks out a little at times.