View Full Version : Need Help w/LC1 Serial Logging

TFZ_Z06
June 28th, 2008, 03:13 PM
What can do so far:
log analog voltage BBL
log analog voltage and AFR via laptop
VIEW serial AFR via FlashScan Only.

What I have not been able to do:

1) How do I BBL a SERIAL LC1 w/BBL only so I can view later in scanner software.

2) How do I log a SERIAL LC1 w/laptop
FlashScan displays a 25:1 AFR when using this method. And yes, I have it setup for Innovate.

3) How do I log SERIAL LC1 when in pass thru mode?

I know I'm missing something simple.

Garry
June 28th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Did you select the correct WBO2 controller in the V2 setup screen? If so, serial data should be automatically added to your BBL file ... just remember to select the serial PID AFTER loading the logfile ... data should then be available ...

TFZ_Z06
June 28th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Did you select the correct WBO2 controller in the V2 setup screen? If so, serial data should be automatically added to your BBL file ... just remember to select the serial PID AFTER loading the logfile ... data should then be available ...

and WHICH pid would that be? Thanks. I've got ext.wo2afr1 now. The AF is 25:1 And just so I'm clear, you DO NOT need the analog lines hooked up when logging serial to get the data do you

Using the FlashScan, I set it up for the Innovate I have.

Garry
June 28th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Correct, analog isn't required once you're running the digital link to the Innovate ... did you check some of your bbl-files and see if there's any data in there once you load and then select the PID?

TFZ_Z06
June 28th, 2008, 06:05 PM
ok, figured out that its logging the data now. Only probleml the data is
always equal to 25:1 A/F. The FlashScan device shows the correct A/F and the analog lines do as well.

are there settings in the FlashScan device I must set to use this? I already turned on Innovate as the wideband type.

Whatever is happening I think is at the level of the BBL and FlashScan.
I am going to trash the current options.ini and try stock download.

Ok, made no difference. still 25:1 A/F

Hyper99
June 30th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Same problem - but not the same value.

Mine was working fine, but now reports AFR of 5.25 +/-

The Analog output is correct and if I connect it back up to Logworks through the serial connection, the values that Logworks comes up with are correct.

Latest firmware and config files - formatted the device, rebooted, re-flashed the firmware, re-copied the config files, same results??:confused:

TFZ_Z06
June 30th, 2008, 02:46 AM
Same problem - but not the same value.

Mine was working fine, but now reports AFR of 5.25 +/-

The Analog output is correct and if I connect it back up to Logworks through the serial connection, the values that Logworks comes up with are correct.

Latest firmware and config files - formatted the device, rebooted, re-flashed the firmware, re-copied the config files, same results??:confused:

Mine never changes. Value is always 25:1 no matter what the AF really is.
http://home.comcast.net/~booth.p/wbview.jpg

joecar
June 30th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Hmmm....

Sounds like either your LC-1 is not working or it needs a heater calibration and/or a free air calibration.

You say LogWorks shows the correct AFR...?

joecar
June 30th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Which version of bootblock/firmware are you using...?

Hyper99
June 30th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Yes - Logworks shows 15.8 at idle

V2 shows around 5.23

Downloaded all the latest stuff. Clean installs on both 7.5 and 8.1

FSProgV2_05_17 - Firmware
FSBootV2_05_08(0425) - Bootblock

Blacky
June 30th, 2008, 09:28 AM
FlashScan is designed to log/report the AFR as 25.00 and the lambda as 17.01 whenever the PID WO2STATn is NOT "Lambda". That prevents the WO2AFRn and/or WO2LAMn values from jumping around wildly during a data logging whenever the WO2STATn value changes to something like "%O2" (i.e. free air).
The Innovate controller detects free air during decel fuel cut off and the value would be logged as 20.8AFR if EFILive did not "detect" this and set the AFR explicitly to 25.00.

So whenever you see AFR=25.00 in your log files you know that the Innovate controller is not sending out valid AFR data. You can also log the WO2STATn to see what the status of the Os controller is at any time in the log.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
June 30th, 2008, 09:30 AM

V2 shows around 5.23

After logging the AFR for about 5 seconds, please stop the logging and then save a trace file from FlashScan. Send the trace file to me at paul@efilive.com

Regards
Paul

TFZ_Z06
June 30th, 2008, 10:21 AM
FlashScan is designed to log/report the AFR as 25.00 and the lambda as 17.01 whenever the PID WO2STATn is NOT "Lambda". That prevents the WO2AFRn and/or WO2LAMn values from jumping around wildly during a data logging whenever the WO2STATn value changes to something like "%O2" (i.e. free air).
The Innovate controller detects free air during decel fuel cut off and the value would be logged as 20.8AFR if EFILive did not "detect" this and set the AFR explicitly to 25.00.

So whenever you see AFR=25.00 in your log files you know that the Innovate controller is not sending out valid AFR data. You can also log the WO2STATn to see what the status of the Os controller is at any time in the log.

Regards
Paul

Ok, now that makes sense from the view of how its programmed.
I just thought it would always report the real time AFR. I'll reserve comments until I do a real time test.

Why isn't real data, 20.8% in this case, considered valid AFR data?
Knowing their sensor, if the value hits 20.8%, thats probably what it is.
Their smoothing options will keep it from jumping around by averaging data.
I for one would prefer a direct response on FlashScan respresenting what is coming from the LC1.

Thanks for the response. Will test soon...

Blacky
June 30th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Ok, now that makes sense from the view of how its programmed.
I just thought it would always report the real time AFR. I'll reserve comments until I do a real time test.

Why isn't real data, 20.8% in this case, considered valid AFR data?
Knowing their sensor, if the value hits 20.8%, thats probably what it is.
Their smoothing options will keep it from jumping around by averaging data.
I for one would prefer a direct response on FlashScan respresenting what is coming from the LC1.

Thanks for the response. Will test soon...

"20.8% free air" is not an air fuel ratio measurement, it is the % of oxygen in the air around the sensor.

20.8 AFR is the measurement after combusting 20.8 parts of oxygen to 1 part of fuel.

They are two different conditions.

Regards
Paul

TFZ_Z06
June 30th, 2008, 02:50 PM
"20.8% free air" is not an air fuel ratio measurement, it is the % of oxygen in the air around the sensor.

20.8 AFR is the measurement after combusting 20.8 parts of oxygen to 1 part of fuel.

They are two different conditions.

Regards
Paul

All makes sense now...thanks.

Blacky
June 30th, 2008, 03:20 PM

V2 shows around 5.23

Ok, got the log files, thanks.

Check the fuel type (i.e what stoichiometric value) you have programmed into the LC-1. The LC1 is returning a stoichiometric value of 4.90 instead of 14.7 for gasoline.

The Lambda value is 1.058 which looks good, and if the stoich value was set to 14.7 then you'd be seeing an AFR of 14.7*1.058=15.55AFR

Because the LC-1 is telling FlashScan the stoich value is 4.90, FlashScan calculates the AFR as 4.9*1.058=5.18AFR

Regards
Paul

Hyper99
July 1st, 2008, 07:22 PM
I'll connect again to the LC-1 and check it out in the morning - sounds like a logical reason for the odd numbers.

This was all working correct a few months ago - kind of suprised that the LC-1 changed its settings, but stranger things have happened.

Thanks for looking into this Paul.

Hyper99
July 8th, 2008, 12:52 PM
All is working now - you were correct Paul - the Innovate was set to a CUSTOM fuel. Very strange - it was all correct originally.

Thanks for the support.

Beer99C5
August 4th, 2008, 02:10 PM
I am expeirencing this as well, will check the fuel type on the LC1

TFZ_Z06
August 4th, 2008, 03:35 PM
FYI ONLY:
Today, on my "DIC" I got a momentary charge system fault. This happened when the engine RPM went really low.

This change in power for whatever reason caused the LC1 to reset its channel 1 settings to default. Apparently this is what the serial data is derived from as that is what I use. I reprogrammed it and now everything is back to normal.