PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried the LM2 already?

Highlander
June 30th, 2008, 05:03 AM
I am very interested... It would be awesome to dial in timing when both bankings are the same AFR! That should make for real interesting tuning!

And I am sure the V2 already supports it in a sense....

Highlander
June 30th, 2008, 04:31 PM
they say now shipping.

2002_z28_six_speed
July 1st, 2008, 11:34 AM
Innovate dropped the ball on the launch date. Don't expect supplies to be fruitful either. I wanted it and waited and waited and waited....

ringram
July 3rd, 2008, 10:47 PM
Mine shipped yesterday :)
I think its all go now. I have about 15 on the way.

2002_z28_six_speed
July 4th, 2008, 03:55 PM
ugh you are out of the states too. hmm what are you going to ask for a piece? can you give me an idea of what they cost?

91LS1S10
July 9th, 2008, 06:50 PM
I just ordered mines from Summit Racing for $399 on Monday. Came in today. Trying to tune my brothers fuel injected turbo bug. Can't get the RPM to work from MSD ignition 6BTM.

Highlander
July 10th, 2008, 02:58 AM
MSD Everything are a pill to get rpm pick ups from.

ringram
July 12th, 2008, 10:33 AM
.. well shipment wasn't complete, still waiting on LM2 stuff.
RRP is on the innovate site. I pretty much just charge that plus local sales taxes.

Highlander
July 17th, 2008, 01:59 AM
Hope its a nice unit.. and integration to the dyno would be awesome.

Bruce Melton
July 17th, 2008, 02:19 AM
I have them on hand now and it does look like the ultimate WB + OBD2 scanner. Has about every feature one could dream up "but wait there's more".
One can log AFR vs RPM, timing etc on non PCM controlled cars which is unique, I think. Comes with logging software and 1 gig SD card.
We have our race car equipped with a forged built up LS7 running a MSD box and carburetor. LM-2 should allow meaningful AFR based carb jet changes based recorded on track data.

Not cheap, but worth it?

http://home.new.rr.com/meltn/Monty%20LS7%20%28Small%29.jpg

joecar
July 17th, 2008, 04:22 AM
Bruce, what car is that...? :cheers:

Bruce Melton
July 17th, 2008, 05:13 AM
Bruce, what car is that...? :cheers:

It is a Nextel Cup car completely reworked with no rules mods to a road race track day car.
Meant to be light (2390 lbs), and fast (>700hp) and turned more more scary than we planned.
It has a passenger seat now and lots of folks want a first ride- seconds, not so much- :doh2:

TAQuickness
July 17th, 2008, 05:36 AM
I bet that gets folks all tingly inside.

Chuck CoW
July 17th, 2008, 05:48 PM
What retailers have the LM2s in stock???

Where are you guys getting them from???

Chuck CoW

Bruce Melton
July 17th, 2008, 10:26 PM
What retailers have the LM2s in stock???

Where are you guys getting them from???

Chuck CoW

I have them and assume most dealers have them if they were back ordered from intended roll out-

ringram
July 19th, 2008, 01:22 AM
Yeah they are getting through them. I got my dual sensor units.. still waiting on the single sensor ones. Next lot supposed to ship first week in august.

TAQuickness
July 19th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Should have my dual channel module on Wednesday, but I'm not a retailer.

Hey Paul - got your dual channel yet? I'm looking to get mine set up for serial logging as soon as it gets here :d

Blacky
July 19th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Should have my dual channel module on Wednesday, but I'm not a retailer.

Hey Paul - got your dual channel yet? I'm looking to get mine set up for serial logging as soon as it gets here :d

Nope, I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I never got in line early :(

Regards
Paul

TAQuickness
July 26th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Any idea where we can get the LM-2 serial port connectors (square 4 pin plug). I'm not seeing them on Innovatives website

joecar
July 27th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Any idea where we can get the LM-2 serial port connectors (square 4 pin plug). I'm not seeing them on Innovatives websiteTA, do you have a pic of this...?

Bruce Melton
July 27th, 2008, 01:18 PM
TA, do you have a pic of this...?

Are there only 7 billion different connectors in the electronics world or is it 8?

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9017

ScarabEpic22
July 29th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Looks a lot like an old Pentium 4 extra power supply connection. It was an issue a few years back when you needed to connect an extra 4-wire connection that looked a lot like that to get the CPU enough voltage.

joecar
July 29th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Are there only 7 billion different connectors in the electronics world or is it 8?

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9017
Molex alone have at least 8 billion connectors... :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Chuck CoW
July 29th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Ok, so, whose gonna make it easy on me and post up a pic of the neet cable that comes with the LM2 already idiot-proof wired to my DB9 from the old LM1 serial output????

Any takers????

My LM1 failed....So now we have the M2(dual channel)....and I gotta read the 40 page manual to hook it up serially to LIVE....

Someone tell me they did this already and took nice color pics??!?!?!

Chuck CoW

Bruce Melton
July 29th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Ok, so, whose gonna make it easy on me and post up a pic of the neet cable that comes with the LM2 already idiot-proof wired to my DB9 from the old LM1 serial output????

Any takers????

My LM1 failed....So now we have the M2(dual channel)....and I gotta read the 40 page manual to hook it up serially to LIVE....

Someone tell me they did this already and took nice color pics??!?!?!

Chuck CoW

Not gonna happen-
The LM-2 plug in end is different than the LM-1, so the DB9 is history.

nqcv8
July 30th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Nope, I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I never got in line early :(

Regards
Paul

Paul

Kadespeed in Aus have stock of both single and dual channel if you need them.
just waiting for pricing.

http://www.kadespeedandmarine.com.au/

TAQuickness
August 3rd, 2008, 07:13 AM
serial LM2 works awesome! More details later...

TAQuickness
August 3rd, 2008, 07:31 AM
For the brave:

LM2 ----> V2 Serial Cable ----> V2 RJ-12
Pin 1 -------> Pin 2 ------------> Pin 1
Pin 2 -------> Pin 3 ------------> Pin 2
Pin 3 or 4 ---> Pin 5 ------------> Pin 5

VT LS1 NZ
August 3rd, 2008, 07:56 AM
Paul

Kadespeed in Aus have stock of both single and dual channel if you need them.
just waiting for pricing.

http://www.kadespeedandmarine.com.au/

Thanks .
There's two Innovate dealers here in NZ selling them on Trade me for the past 3 weeks for $1095 NZ for dual channel.
I may buy one for a spare but waiting on the better screen.

TAQuickness
August 3rd, 2008, 09:39 AM
On the better screen note... Would it be possible for V2 to have a screen that will display 2 WB's readings at a time?

Blacky
August 5th, 2008, 10:12 AM
On the better screen note... Would it be possible for V2 to have a screen that will display 2 WB's readings at a time?

Yes, working on it :)
Paul

Chuck CoW
August 6th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Ok fellas.... I've got the Dual LM-2.... They sent me the serial cable and the molex cable and said I'd have to splice them together like this.....

Innovate part #3746 (serial cable) to #3812 (correct molex for serial outs)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Red --------------------------------------> White
Black --------------------------------------> Red
Shield --------------------------------------> Black

Innovate tech guys told me this is the correct hookup. If anyone knows differently, let me know.

They want you to cut the phone jacks off each end and slice to make the connections I've outlined above.

Funny thing is....It's not working serially.... If anyone has it working...Please let me know what you did....

I have the old innovate to V2 serial cable made up with the null modem and it was working fine... Now, I've got the new cable above patched into the null modem to the V2 and..... Nothing.

Anyone have more info??? or anyone else got it working????

Chuck CoW

TAQuickness
August 6th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Ok fellas.... I've got the Dual LM-2.... They sent me the serial cable and the molex cable and said I'd have to splice them together like this.....

Innovate part #3746 (serial cable) to #3812 (correct molex for serial outs)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Red --------------------------------------> White
Black --------------------------------------> Red
Shield --------------------------------------> Black

Innovate tech guys told me this is the correct hookup. If anyone knows differently, let me know.

They want you to cut the phone jacks off each end and slice to make the connections I've outlined above.

Funny thing is....It's not working serially.... If anyone has it working...Please let me know what you did....

I have the old innovate to V2 serial cable made up with the null modem and it was working fine... Now, I've got the new cable above patched into the null modem to the V2 and..... Nothing.

Anyone have more info??? or anyone else got it working????

Chuck CoW

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=8737

Although I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do? LM2 to V2 or LM2 to LM2?