PDA

View Full Version : TCM in unknown state

Sparky8370
June 30th, 2008, 02:24 PM
I figured I'd try logging again. For some reason it never logs like the ones I've seen. I'll attach the PIDs that I tried to log as well as the logs. When I opened dashboard B and tried to view the logs, the only thing it logged was VSS (and it logged it in kmh not MPH- I made sure it said imperial in the PID when I right clicked it),RPM, and ECT (and it logged it in C* not F*- I made sure it said imperial in the PID when I right clicked it)

So then I pulled over in a gas station and tried to flash the tcm. I had never done this, I'd only read it. It started out ok, then it said that whole thing about licensing the tcm. So I clicked the license tcm button went through all that ok. I went to flash the tcm to make the shift times a little faster. I was getting a bootload error, then it said tcm in unknown state. I tried flashing it again and I got the same. So I tried reading it and I got the same. Then I reopened the scantool and it detected it fine. I came home disconnected everything and reconnected it, flashed a stock pcm tune in, because my wife is using it tomorrow. Then I tried reading the tcm again for the hell of it and it read fine. :confused:

EDIT: I couldn't upload the PID file, so I copied it.
[Parameters]
GM.BARO=1,4392
GM.BOOST_DMA=1,4401
GM.DMAX_TRQ_DMA=1,4434
GM.FRPACT=1,4544
GM.FRPDES=1,4548
GM.FUELQ_THR_DMA=1,4560
GM.MAINRATE=1,4674
GM.MAINRATE2=1,4675
GM.TP=1,4834
SAE.ECT=1,4905
SAE.MAF=1,4922
SAE.RPM=1,4943
SAE.VSS=1,4959

Sparky8370
June 30th, 2008, 02:38 PM
One thing I just noticed about the log is if I go to a point on the log in dash B then go to the data page it displays everything correctly there.

Sparky8370
July 1st, 2008, 07:19 AM
Anybody know why this is doing this with the logs and why the tcm was reading unknown state?

Sparky8370
July 1st, 2008, 07:28 AM
I've got the logging figured out now, but the tcm thing still scares me.

Blacky
July 1st, 2008, 08:19 PM
Only the one package can access the ECM or TCM at a time via the FlashScan interface. If you had the Scan Tool software running and connected, then the Tuning Tool software will not be able to communicate with the TCM. So when reading ro flashing, it is best to have the Scan Tool software closed.

Also make sure you are using the latest software version V7.5.4.64 (and FlashScan firmware version V2.05.18) available on our downloads page.

The imperiel/metric selection on the PIDs is only for displaying on the F9 tab page and for sending data to the tuning tool. The gauges and charts all have their own metric or imperial settings which are independent of what you can set/see on the F8/F9 tab pages.

Regards
Paul

Sparky8370
July 2nd, 2008, 07:49 AM
I def didn't have the scan tool open, because I remember thinking "Oh shit!" because I just X'd out of it and forgot to hit the disconnect button. Maybe that was the problem? Can you add something into the software that makes one of those warnings pop up if you are still connected and try to close? Just for dipshits like me. Another thing that I've forgotten to do before is turn on the key when trying to read or flash, how about a pop up that says "turn on the key dummy"

What about the message that said I needed to upgrade my cable? It worked properly after that, but I figured I should ask about it in case it's a bug that needs to be worked out.

Blacky
July 2nd, 2008, 08:28 AM
I def didn't have the scan tool open, because I remember thinking "Oh shit!" because I just X'd out of it and forgot to hit the disconnect button. Maybe that was the problem? Can you add something into the software that makes one of those warnings pop up if you are still connected and try to close? Just for dipshits like me.

If you close the Scan Tool, it automatically disconnects.

Another thing that I've forgotten to do before is turn on the key when trying to read or flash, how about a pop up that says "turn on the key dummy"

If the ignition is not switched on, it will display the attached message.

What about the message that said I needed to upgrade my cable? It worked properly after that, but I figured I should ask about it in case it's a bug that needs to be worked out.

We're working on detecting firmware upgrade requirements and automatic firmware upgrades when the software is started.

Regards
Paul