PDA

View Full Version : Tap up/down TCC during shifts?

ssvolvo
July 1st, 2008, 08:50 AM
Hi guys,
I have 2 of these trucks. One is an 08 2500hd 6 liter and the other an 07 3500 Duramax dump truck I use for work.
I love this 6 speed trans. Way ahead of the old 4 speeds as far as smoothness, WIDE ratio.
One thing that really bothers me is the Tap Up/ Down tables that overide the driver's preference. Why have TUTD at all if the ECM overides what the driver requests? So I fixed that by maxing the shift tables for TUTD.
What I'd really like, and can't seem to find the table for, is to keep the durn TCC locked during TUTD shifts just like in Tow/Haul mode. I'm guessing that the EFIlive guys just have not released the tables for this or???

No big deal but if anyone knows please come forth to make my driving experience more pleasurable! Like Fahrfugnuven kind of like.:rockon:

Thanks, John

boyley
November 23rd, 2008, 09:56 PM
Hi which tables did you max out, speeds, wot speeds, wot rpm?

Cheers Rob

ssvolvo
November 24th, 2008, 03:48 AM
Maxed D1004, Maxed D1024, LOWERED D2205 so TCC would stay locked except the 100% Row.

Still won't stay in gear Tap up/down mode. But it is MUCH better to drive. If you stop at a light in say 5th or 6th the trans will still start in 1st and work it's way up all by itself! Good for driver's who forget to release the tap up/down mode.

I'm thinking there are still tables that the boys haven't found yet.

It'll come around I'm sure.

Good luck, John:cucumber:

zrx1200
February 16th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Maxed D1004, Maxed D1024, LOWERED D2205 so TCC would stay locked except the 100% Row.

Still won't stay in gear Tap up/down mode. But it is MUCH better to drive. If you stop at a light in say 5th or 6th the trans will still start in 1st and work it's way up all by itself! Good for driver's who forget to release the tap up/down mode.

I'm thinking there are still tables that the boys haven't found yet.

It'll come around I'm sure.

Good luck, John:cucumber:

so if your select 4th gear will it work automatically up to 4th?
i'd like to be able to select 4/5th and have the box work automatically for towing purposes .as i find the box has a habit of staying in 6th without the converter locked
if i manually shift to 5th its doing the same revs..

is it possible

sorry for bringing up an old post