PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR 7.3 USERS (as of Aug 21, 2005)

Blacky
August 20th, 2005, 01:56 PM
If you upgrade to the pre-release V7.3 software, PLEASE make sure you also upgrade your *.cal files. Instructions for updating the *.cal files are included on this page here:
http://www.efilive.com/downloads/downloads_730.html
See steps: 10, 11 and 12.

The actual *.cal files can be downloaded from here:
http://www.efilive.com/downloads/downloads_os.html

When you are viewing a *.tun file you can verify that you are using the correct *.cal file version (for EFILive V7.3) by opening the "PCM details" window (Ctrl+F2). The calibration file version should be 7.61 or later. If the version is less than that or displayed as N/A you MUST update your *.cal files.

Upgrading your *.cal files will prevent issues such as:
{B3601} being incorrectly set to 1.00 instead of 14.63
and
{B3612}, {B3614}, {B3919}, and {B3620} being incorrectly reduced by 32 degrees F (to 252 from 284) when displayed in DegF.

Regards
Paul

SSbaby
August 21st, 2005, 12:45 AM
Might explain why my engine light came on yesterday. :lol:

Reverted back to FS v7.2... All back to normal. ;)

BowlingSS
September 16th, 2005, 02:55 AM
7.3 working great now....

Bill

SS2win
September 16th, 2005, 03:38 AM
FYI: I was having a problem with the compare feature in 006 yesterday. when I clicked on the alternate button they would grey out. I would have to double click another table and then go back before I could view the alt. or difference tables... Dont know if it is a bug or my crappy/slow laptop

Blacky
September 16th, 2005, 09:57 AM
FYI: I was having a problem with the compare feature in 006 yesterday. when I clicked on the alternate button they would grey out. I would have to double click another table and then go back before I could view the alt. or difference tables... Dont know if it is a bug or my crappy/slow laptop

Is it doing the same thing in 007?
If so can you explain the steps reuqired to repoduce the problem?

Thanks
Paul

BowlingSS
September 16th, 2005, 10:10 AM

I do not see that problem with 007. My Notebook is also slow P-3 800.

Bill

SS2win
September 16th, 2005, 10:18 AM
unfortunately... open custom os then open comparison file (I'm using my ls1edit tune), goto Engine Calibration, Barometer, Parameters, click the alt button, buttons go blank. Now open a different table and then go back to the original, the alt button will be highlighted on ALT but the CAL table will be showing. Click CAL and then ALT and it works for that table. Next table you try to compare is broken in the same way.

I have not tried comparing two custom os bins... Interesting thing is that the Custom OS Calibrations do compare without error although in the factory bin I'm sure it is looking at garbage.

SS2win
September 16th, 2005, 10:22 AM
OK I just did this with two custom OS's and it works without error. it must be when comparing a custom/factory OS only.

Blacky
September 16th, 2005, 10:33 AM
OK I just did this with two custom OS's and it works without error. it must be when comparing a custom/factory OS only.

Ok, looking at it now...
Paul

BowlingSS
September 16th, 2005, 10:33 AM

I tried it with my current VS3 compared with the stock OS. It works fine.

Bill

Blacky
September 16th, 2005, 10:37 AM

I just tried it and it works ok here as well.
Can you please send me the two files you are comparing
to paul@efilive.com?

Thanks
Paul

SS2win
September 16th, 2005, 11:04 AM
sent...

Blacky
September 16th, 2005, 03:29 PM
sent...

Thanks, the problem has been solved - a new version will be available in a few hours.
Paul

TAQuickness
September 16th, 2005, 04:02 PM
that was fast ;)

SS2win
September 16th, 2005, 09:03 PM
version 008 fixes it. thanks..

BowlingSS
October 19th, 2005, 07:13 AM
When are the new cals coming out? I guess this will be version 11.

Bill

Extinct
October 30th, 2005, 02:37 PM
OK, I have an issue I am hoping someone can help with. I keep getting an error message when I try to open tune.exe -

"The procedure entry point obdiiDownloadPcm@20 could not be located in the dynamic link library obdiiV7.dll"

Not sure of the occurence pattern yet, but I think it has something to do with whether or not I have been in and out of it several times without restarting.

Does not happen all the time, just sometimes.

BowlingSS
October 31st, 2005, 04:46 AM
OK, I have an issue I am hoping someone can help with. I keep getting an error message when I try to open tune.exe -

"The procedure entry point obdiiDownloadPcm@20 could not be located in the dynamic link library obdiiV7.dll"

Not sure of the occurence pattern yet, but I think it has something to do with whether or not I have been in and out of it several times without restarting.

Does not happen all the time, just sometimes.

Are you using version 11?

Bill

Extinct
October 31st, 2005, 05:10 AM
Yeah, I reloaded it last night and it seems to be fine now.