PDA

View Full Version : LC-1 does not seem to simulate the stock O2 to well........

SmaknSS
August 20th, 2005, 02:12 PM
......on Bank 2 sensor 1 so I plugged the LC-1 into B2 senser 2(post cat O2 plug). I got an O2 bung welded up today and seem's to be working good with my wide band, my car seems to run way better with the stock O2 instead of using the simulated output of the LC-1's output's in place of B2 sensor 1, I just plugged my LC-1 into the postcat O2 plug and now I'm using output 1 of the LC-1 as a post cat O2 simm and sending the other output 2 to my scanning software, I't works geat that way and I have no O2 trouble codes yet. Knock on wood. Just trying to pass on my experience.

mistermike
August 21st, 2005, 11:33 AM
The grounding is VERY fussy if you're trying to do NB simulation. There's an offset in the ground circuit of LS1 PCM's that makes it tricky. Ground the heaters to chassis and the circuitry to the appropriate line on the PCM. You may even have to experiment with where you marry the circuit ground to the PCM as well. If you have the extra bungs, you're probably best off running off the NB and tuning with the WB. Running the WB post-cat is going to give you erroneous idle and part throttle readings. The best way to do BEN tuning is to go completely open loop for logging, at which point it doesn't matter if your NB sim is working crappy or not. I'm concerned that post-cat, the WB may be getting too much heat from the catalytic converter.

smslyguy
September 13th, 2009, 11:42 AM
......on Bank 2 sensor 1 so I plugged the LC-1 into B2 senser 2(post cat O2 plug). I got an O2 bung welded up today and seem's to be working good with my wide band, my car seems to run way better with the stock O2 instead of using the simulated output of the LC-1's output's in place of B2 sensor 1, I just plugged my LC-1 into the postcat O2 plug and now I'm using output 1 of the LC-1 as a post cat O2 simm and sending the other output 2 to my scanning software, I't works geat that way and I have no O2 trouble codes yet. Knock on wood. Just trying to pass on my experience.

i hear that, i have bought the lc1 and have it simulating a n.b from output 1. I have installed it in the factory bung as well. Got it to work that way but after driving about 50 miles or so it sets a p1153 code?? I have the gauge kit as well and it reads 14.1-14.6 at cruising speeds. fluctuates around quite a bit.

smslyguy
September 13th, 2009, 11:43 AM
The grounding is VERY fussy if you're trying to do NB simulation. There's an offset in the ground circuit of LS1 PCM's that makes it tricky. Ground the heaters to chassis and the circuitry to the appropriate line on the PCM. You may even have to experiment with where you marry the circuit ground to the PCM as well. If you have the extra bungs, you're probably best off running off the NB and tuning with the WB. Running the WB post-cat is going to give you erroneous idle and part throttle readings. The best way to do BEN tuning is to go completely open loop for logging, at which point it doesn't matter if your NB sim is working crappy or not. I'm concerned that post-cat, the WB may be getting too much heat from the catalytic converter.

where did you ground your wires at on your lc-1?

Garry
September 16th, 2009, 04:26 AM
On my setup, the WBO2-NB-Output is pretty close to what my other bank's NB output shows, albeit quicker on the transitions ...

smslyguy
September 16th, 2009, 08:37 AM
On my setup, the WBO2-NB-Output is pretty close to what my other bank's NB output shows, albeit quicker on the transitions ...

did your's throw any mil lights?

Garry
October 3rd, 2009, 06:04 PM
Nope ...