PDA

View Full Version : Cant get out of demo mode

XChris1632X
July 5th, 2008, 01:54 AM
I have my Dsp5 swith in, ready to download stock tune and I enter all my blue card info but it still wont let me get out of demo mode. I checked it all 20 times to make sure I entered it right. I have tried everything. Does it matter that my registration card says scanner only, instead of personal scan and tune. I was thinking maybe I got the wrong one from this guy by accident. I am using vista if that matters. But I have done just like the instructions say. it never comes up unregistered user, but it doesn't go out of demo mode. I have tried on 3 seperate computers.

joecar
July 5th, 2008, 06:56 AM
XC1632X, welcome... :cheers:

I pm'd tech support.

Cheers
Joe

Blacky
July 5th, 2008, 09:43 AM
A Scanner Only license is not enough to remove demo mode from the tuning tool software. Has the FlashScan device been upgraded to Personal or Commercial? If so, send me the serial number and I'll get it sorted out for you.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
July 5th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Meanwhile, if the FlashScan device has been upgraded (and it looks like it has if you can flash a PCM) then connect the FlashScan device before starting the Tuning Tool software to bypass demo mode.

Regards
Paul

XChris1632X
July 5th, 2008, 09:50 AM
The serial number is 003661840291. I bought this from crank it up diesel here in ohio the other day to tune a Duramax. I have to get this tune on by tomorow for the truck pulls. Did he give me the wrong thing or what? I still paid the $749 for it. I havent even been able to connect to the ecm yet and I always start the software after it is plugged in already.

Sparky8370
July 6th, 2008, 03:32 AM
When I bought mine with a dsp5 it came as commercial scan&tune. I don't think you'll be able to do any tuning with it set to scan only.

XChris1632X
July 6th, 2008, 05:13 AM
Blacky got me all taken care of, thank you.

pepperidge
November 14th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Meanwhile, if the FlashScan device has been upgraded (and it looks like it has if you can flash a PCM) then connect the FlashScan device before starting the Tuning Tool software to bypass demo mode.

Regards
Paul

Why is it that the V2 has to be connected to get out of Demo mode though...I can tune my vin as long as it is connected but not without it...

I've registered it using the help drop down numerous times but to no avail...

Thanks,

Pepp

Blacky
November 14th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Why is it that the V2 has to be connected to get out of Demo mode though...I can tune my vin as long as it is connected but not without it...

I've registered it using the help drop down numerous times but to no avail...

Thanks,

Pepp

When the EFILive software starts, it looks for a connected FlashScan device. If it finds one it will use the license details from the attached FlashScan. If it does not find a FlashScan device it will look in the file:
\My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration\License.txt and use the license details found in there.

If those details are missing or incorrect then the software will go into demo mode.

Please send that file from your system to me (paul@efilive.com) and I will check to make sure you have the correct license details.

Regards
Paul

pepperidge
November 14th, 2008, 12:10 PM
When the EFILive software starts, it looks for a connected FlashScan device. If it finds one it will use the license details from the attached FlashScan. If it does not find a FlashScan device it will look in the file:
\My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration\License.txt and use the license details found in there.

If those details are missing or incorrect then the software will go into demo mode.

Please send that file from your system to me (paul@efilive.com) and I will check to make sure you have the correct license details.

Regards
Paul

thanks,

sending now...

Pepp

Blacky
November 14th, 2008, 01:21 PM
I have emailed you the correct reg details.

Regards
Paul

pepperidge
November 14th, 2008, 01:33 PM
I have emailed you the correct reg details.

Regards
Paul

Thank You Sir...Don't know how Guy sent me the wrong info...but it works now...so I don't care...:D

Thanks again,

Pepp