PDA

View Full Version : Auto Trans & Mafless

johnv
August 20th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Hi all,

Read a post (which I can't find again) which said some MAF air flow error codes had to be diabled with an auto when running mafless or the auto would go into limp mode.

Is this correct ? if so which ones ?

Cheers
John

GMPX
August 20th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Not limp mode, but full shift pressure.
Look under DTC Max Pressure Enablers.
Set all MAF DTC options to No, only early VT's had the set to Yes.

Cheers,
Ross

johnv
August 21st, 2005, 08:09 AM
Thanks Ross,

Yes its for a mates 00-VT.
so if I was to upgrade PCM to a later operating system this wouldn't be necessary ? :idea:

cheers
John

GMPX
August 21st, 2005, 08:57 AM
Well, they never seemed to be set to go to full line pressure with the later programs. But if you are going MAF-less then it is worth upgrading to a VX+ O.S simply because you won't revert to the back-up VE table.
Just remember to copy/paste the VT injector flow table as they were different.

Cheers,
Ross

johnv
August 22nd, 2005, 08:32 AM
Thanks Ross,

Yes I was aware that the VT's had different manifold and smaller injectors and will copy and paste injector tables.

Would an 03/04 300kw auto operating system be the best choice ?

GMPX
August 22nd, 2005, 09:22 AM
Thanks Ross,

Yes I was aware that the VT's had different manifold and smaller injectors and will copy and paste injector tables.

No, first, it's a HSV :wink: , second, the 300KW Auto had 3.46 diff gears.

Cheers,
Ross

Tordne
August 22nd, 2005, 12:34 PM

Cheers,
Ross

I've heard on a few occasions, and from a few people that the HSV tunes are not good starting points, but I've never got the reasons.

Can anyone elaborate on why the HSV's are not good base tunes, and secondly perhaps advise what is a good reference base tune (i.e. Camaro, Corvette etc.).

Just curious to understand the logic behind it?

Cheers,

johnv
August 24th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Thanks Ross,

Cheers,
Ross

Mates car has 3.46 gears already (sold him mine and I put 3.91s in) so would an operating system from a non mafless car be a better start point ?

johnv
August 24th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Thanks Ross,

Cheers,
Ross

Mates car has 3.46 gears already (sold him mine and I put 3.91s in) so would an operating system from a non mafless car be a better start point ? any sugestions ?

GMPX
August 24th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Thanks Ross,

Cheers,
Ross

Mates car has 3.46 gears already (sold him mine and I put 3.91s in) so would an operating system from a non mafless car be a better start point ?

I saw a std 300KW Auto pull 220KW on a dyno pinging all the way....., you could use the base program from one but you would be better off copying the std Holden spark maps in and go from there. At least the trans stuff would be already sorted.

Cheers,
Ross

johnv
August 25th, 2005, 08:27 AM
I saw a std 300KW Auto pull 220KW on a dyno pinging all the way....., you could use the base program from one but you would be better off copying the std Holden spark maps in and go from there. At least the trans stuff would be already sorted.

Cheers,
Ross[/quote]

Ross,

I'm only realy interested in a tune file with a desent set of timing tables to start out with , everything else is easy enough to set up to suit .

Have been using HSV 250 kw timing tables for a base tune (I usually don't see any Knock retard with this table unlike other HSV tables :evil: )

Cheers
John