PDA

View Full Version : 1996 Impala SS

arubenstein
July 6th, 2008, 07:12 AM
I've just recently added a 1996 Impala SS LT1 to my collection. It's the first year of OBD2.

I see it's not supported by EFILive -- am I wrong here?

Anyone make a recommendation as to what to use here for tuning?

Thanks.

ChipsByAl
July 6th, 2008, 11:13 AM
You are correct, it isn't supported. I use TunerCat, but it is not available anymore. Jet Spectrum Tuner replaced it. LT1_Edit can also be used. I have used EFI_Live to scan and log for those vehicles. Note, all parameters are not available but with some effort AutoVE can be done.
Al

GMPX
July 6th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Yeah sorry we don't tune them, but I do like those cars, hang on to it as long as you can as they were the last of a breed from GM.

Cheers,
Ross

Highlander
October 5th, 2008, 02:28 PM
How do we scan them? what controller must we choose? i am choosing the vortec PCM but I am unable to see any knock retard.

ChipsByAl
October 6th, 2008, 12:43 AM
In regards to this earlier thread http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=3727&highlight=gm_enhanced.prn does the current build gm_enhanced.prn have the knock retard feature implemented still? I don't have an OBDII LT1 to test this on.
AL

GMPX
October 6th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Paul sent me another update to gm_enhanced this morning with the LT1 knock PID added, I thought we had added it in a long time back (as would indicate by the link above), but it looks like it went missing somewhere, anyway, it will be back in the next release.

Cheers,
Ross

ChipsByAl
October 6th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Thanks, will this be part of an incremental or a full install?
Al

N0DIH
October 6th, 2008, 01:52 PM
At least on OBD1, use Knock Counts.

How do we scan them? what controller must we choose? i am choosing the vortec PCM but I am unable to see any knock retard.

N0DIH
October 6th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Any timeline on next release(s)?

Paul sent me another update to gm_enhanced this morning with the LT1 knock PID added, I thought we had added it in a long time back (as would indicate by the link above), but it looks like it went missing somewhere, anyway, it will be back in the next release.

Cheers,
Ross

Highlander
October 6th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Thank you paul.. and thank you ross... you guys really... always come through... all that is left is OBDI!!!! :P

N0DIH
October 6th, 2008, 06:46 PM
And that is bad why? <g>

GMPX
October 6th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Thanks, will this be part of an incremental or a full install?
Al

Full install because there is lots of other things that have been added / updated. We are aiming for a Beta release (not sure about public beta) this week. As always, depends what other distractions might drag us away from getting it done.

Cheers,
Ross