PDA

View Full Version : Can't read above 105kpa whilst scanning etc

ls1vt209
July 9th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Hi all,

Have a bit of a problem that is driving me nuts.

I have a blower on my VT 2 SS m6 with 2 bar map sensor and suitable tune installed.

However whilst scanning with my V2 (V7.5.4) I am not seeing any MAP readings above 105kpa. This also makes me think that the tune is not going into the boost VE table.

At 105kpa it has been richened up to accommodate but this is driving me crazy.

Cheers
LS1VT209

TAQuickness
July 10th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Welcome to the forum ls1vt209.

By chance did you adjust the tune to accomate the 2 bar MAP sensor (I believe the instructions are in the custom OS tutorial)?

Also I seem to recall that for 2+ bar sensors that you need to scan with a particular PID. I will see if I can dig that info up for you before someone else posts up.

joecar
July 10th, 2008, 03:33 AM
Post a screenshot.

joecar
July 10th, 2008, 03:36 AM
Merged duplicate threads.

ls1vt209
July 11th, 2008, 11:48 PM
I have now solved this problem was actually a problem in the loading of the tune.

All good now.

Thanks for the replies.

nissmo
August 28th, 2008, 01:56 PM
I have the sama problem here.. Mine is a 98 tahoe 5.7 vortec whipple s/c marine intake 39lb injectors and 0411 ecm, im only seing 105kpa at WOT.
also some lean at WOT.
any suggestions?

Gilbert

Tordne
August 28th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Which PID are you logging (SAE.MAP or GM.MAP). SAE.MAP should show boosted pressures.

ls1vt209
August 28th, 2008, 03:00 PM
nissmo I have sent you a PM but after opening your tune file it would appear to only be a 1 bar tune, there is no custom settings including a boost ve table etc. Your map sensor scaler looks to be set right but the rest of the tune pretty much is a 1 bar tune from what I can see with my very limited knowledge of EFILIVE.

Good luck

Tordne
August 29th, 2008, 01:21 PM
As per above from 'ls1vt209' this is a stock OS which I couldn't tell you off hand if the SAE PID should actually show more than 105 kPa.

If you do have a 2 bar sensor then we would recommend the use of the EFILive version 3 (or version 5) Custom Operating System (COS). Please have a look at the 'Custom OS Upgrade Tutorial' which is available from the 'Help->Tutorials' menu of wither the Scan or Tune tools.

If you are running boost you will need to have a VE table that provides appropriate fulling etc, which is why we made these Custom Operating Systems.

ls1vt209
August 29th, 2008, 02:00 PM
I was of the understanding that if there was no boost VE table etc there will be nothing to read above 105kpa as there is nothing there. The last set of calibrations in the tune is 105kpa so there is no way you ever see any higher for this reason. I could be wrong however but this is what I found from my original error that started this thread.

ringram
August 29th, 2008, 08:08 PM
I dont think thats right, if you have setup your MAP sensor and scalings you should still read over 105kpa with the right PID, just that the ecu wont do anything with those values, it will just go from the 105kpa values unless you run a COS.

Tordne
August 29th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Either way it makes no sense to do it. If you expect to see above 105 kPa on the MAP you'll have to have the values in the 105 kPa column so high to compensate for boost that when you are not boosting you'll be running pig rich.

I'm really speculating as I've not had the privilege of having a boosted vehicle :frown:

ls1vt209
August 29th, 2008, 09:44 PM
This is going to be long winded but hopefully will explain some issues for everyone.

With my problem my tune was created using COS 5 (2 bar).

Prior to putting the blower on the car was tuned (1bar maf tune) with HP Tuners I believe. Once I put the blower on I replaced the map sensor with a 2 bar one loaded the 2 bar tune calibration by clicking the 'Program PCM with currently loaded calibration' button. The car was making boost (Boost gauge was hooked up to confirm this, even though I certainly could feel it) however whilst scanning, was not seeing anything above 105kpa.

First thought was the 2 bar map sensor (it wasn't), checked and rechecked just about everything.

Then I thought maybe it was the tune. Spent hours going through it by myself and with a bloke who is a tuner and experienced with EFILive (At this stage I had never used it and was pretty much teaching myself with a little outside help etc). Also thought it might have been my pid selection etc. I had other tuners (People who do it for a living and have a good name in Aus) giving me ideas for PIDs etc and trying them however none worked. It took me to read the tune in the PCM which did not show any EFILive Custom Calibrations but the rest of the loaded tune was there.

In the end it turned out that I had only loaded the calibration and not hit the button next to it which I am sure everyone knows does the following, 'Program PCM with currently loaded operating system and calibration.'

Once I had loaded the operating system (2bar) and the calibration I had no problem at all seeing above 105kpa with exactly the same pid selection.

So ringram just from my experience I am pretty sure that if a 2 bar tune is not fully loaded into the PCM including OS (All this is on my 6m gen 3 vt 2 so that is all I am relating the above to) then you will not see above 105kpa no matter what PIDs you select.

Hope this can be of help to anyone now or in the future.

Believe you me I have learnt a lot since then.

Hope this all makes sense.

ringram
August 30th, 2008, 02:57 AM
.. of course you need to have set your map scaling otherwise you are correct. The boost signal will be interpreted as 105kpa without scaling. So yes you are correct in that instance.

ls1vt209
August 30th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Nissmo did you load the tune in yourself? If so then reload it making sure that you load the operating system as well. If it was done by someone else take it back to them and get them to do the same.

Let us know how you go.

nissmo
August 30th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Nissmo did you load the tune in yourself? If so then reload it making sure that you load the operating system as well. If it was done by someone else take it back to them and get them to do the same.

Let us know how you go.

I did Load it, but will have to Do it all over again.
will keep you post it on this, Thanks Guys!