PDA

View Full Version : Change Engine Oil Light?

87gmc
August 22nd, 2005, 04:43 AM
anyone have a problem when doing a reflash of the PCM with the change engine oil light coming on? I have reflahsed my 99 and 01 and both after the flash change engine light came on.

Dirk Diggler
August 22nd, 2005, 04:45 AM
Yes i did and i just reset it and called it a day

TAQuickness
August 22nd, 2005, 04:49 AM
the only time that has happened to me was during an OS upgrade. Reset the light and all was well.

SS2win
August 22nd, 2005, 05:15 AM
key on, engine off, floor it 4 times to clear it.

87gmc
August 22nd, 2005, 06:56 AM
I was just making sure i wasnt going crazy. I know they were getting close to oil change just didnt think it was that close LOL

GMPX
August 22nd, 2005, 10:31 AM
Has been noted a few times now, strange, we are 'supposed' to be resetting them after a full flash....will look into it.

If anyone wants to do us a BIG favour, can they please send me a tun file after a flash with the light on and one with the light off after the reset.
I will double check what my bench PCM's do.

Cheers,
Ross

SSpdDmon
August 23rd, 2005, 03:08 AM
Has been noted a few times now, strange, we are 'supposed' to be resetting them after a full flash....will look into it.

If anyone wants to do us a BIG favour, can they please send me a tun file after a flash with the light on and one with the light off after the reset.
I will double check what my bench PCM's do.

Cheers,
Ross

I've put quite a few miles on mine (2 oil changes and more than 20 flashes) and have yet to see the change oil light. Usually, I see it by 3500 miles or so when I haven't flashed the pcm (spirited driving plays a factor). It's now been close to 5000 miles and no light.

GMPX
August 23rd, 2005, 09:45 AM
I've put quite a few miles on mine (2 oil changes and more than 20 flashes) and have yet to see the change oil light. Usually, I see it by 3500 miles or so when I haven't flashed the pcm (spirited driving plays a factor). It's now been close to 5000 miles and no light.

It will only occur after a full flash.

Cheers,
Ross

BowlingSS
August 30th, 2005, 07:53 AM
anyone have a problem when doing a reflash of the PCM with the change engine oil light coming on? I have reflahsed my 99 and 01 and both after the flash change engine light came on.

I had the same problem a couple of times.

Bill