PDA

View Full Version : B8304 has me confused!!

rally1
July 10th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Just wondering if any one knows what B8034 estimated MAP maximum is used for??

The description is “Maximum value the estimated MAP value is expected to reach If the value is above this threshold, this value will be substituted as the estimated MAP value”

The “estimated MAP value” is a little confusing to me :confused:, will the ECU try and estimate the map value if the MAP sensor fails or is it referring to actual MAP readings and its highest value?

Had a twin turbo L98 in and set this reading from 105 up to 200 did I need to lift it for boost?

rally1
July 30th, 2008, 08:45 AM
No one ever changed this setting for forced induction? Someone? Anyone? :confused:

GMPX
July 30th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Sorry missed this one. For boosted applicatons you should bump this value above 105kPa. FYI, on the factory supercharge Northstar V8's GM have that set to 185kPa.

Cheers,
Ross

rally1
July 30th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Thanks Ross :cheers: had a feeling that was the case but it’s always nice to check with the experts!! especially with the E38 its like heading back to school :grin:

E.A.
July 31st, 2008, 04:23 AM
On all the F/I tunes I have done, I have had to bump that table up to the 105Kpa setting.

If you don't, it will put most cars into power reduction mode, when you give it a quick jab of the throttle.