PDA

View Full Version : I have some question maybe you all could help me with.

esco35m
July 10th, 2008, 03:56 PM
1. I am currently in El Paso, TX were the elevation is about 3,700 feet. In my recent logs I have only been able to hit 85 kpa. Is the reason due to elevation (less atmosphic pressure) or some other factor. The main reason I ask is because in Oklahoma I was hitting 100 and some 105 kpa.

2. My second question or issue is that, I am suspect that my LC1 is steering me to a leaner than normal direction. When I do the AutoVE the car sounds and seems a little rougher at idle and cruise. (14.6) I have done the free air calibration for my LC1 and get about 20.6 for the free air reading which seems about right. How can I tell if my LC1 is giving me the correct value? (get the car dyno using their WB and compare the difference) The second reason I think that I maybe getting a bad reading is because, when I recently went to the quarter mile track this weekend and did a couple of logs. On the first run I had no KR but according to my LC1 and a coulple of cells were a little rich. My AFR was set to 12.7. I then leaned out the cells and got about 1.8 degrees of KR, and only when I was in third gear from 5203 RPM to 6000 RPM where I shut down. I was getting 25.0 of spark and then the KR. My spark tables should be stock.

I have added my two log files from the runs and the tune that was used on the second run.

Thanks in advance for any help.

mr.prick
July 11th, 2008, 02:57 PM
1. altitude has an impact on MAP, i am over 5,000 feet and hit 85kPa and
when i go lower i hit in the 90 kPa range.

2. you either need to trust your LC-1 or get something else.
i trusted a shop`s WBO2 on they`re dyno and it was way off.
it read 12.5 AFR but i was actually at 9.00 AFR. :cussing:
check your LC-1 analog out (if using them) and fuel calibration settings.

esco35m
July 11th, 2008, 07:03 PM
1. altitude has an impact on MAP, i am over 5,000 feet and hit 85kPa and
when i go lower i hit in the 90 kPa range.

2. you either need to trust your LC-1 or get something else.
i trusted a shop`s WBO2 on they`re dyno and it was way off.
it read 12.5 AFR but i was actually at 9.00 AFR. :cussing:
check your LC-1 analog out (if using them) and fuel calibration settings.

What is the fuel calibration setting? I only know of the free air calibration.

mr.prick
July 11th, 2008, 11:27 PM
when you open LMProgrammer there is a drop down box with
selections for gas, diesel, custom ect.

esco35m
July 12th, 2008, 02:48 AM
Do you have any suggestions as to why I might be getting some KR at high RPM? ( maybe to lean) The fuel calibration is on the correct setting. I will check my spark plugs and wires for GP. Can someone please take a look at my logs/tune and give me any suggestions.

mr.prick
July 12th, 2008, 04:52 AM
you need to log a few more pids.

joecar
July 12th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Log DYNCYLAIR_DMA and DYNAIR.

Try removing 2 degrees of timing at that spot (which will be indicated to you when you log DYNCYLAIR_DMA).

esco35m
July 13th, 2008, 10:43 AM
I will add it to my pids and make some more runs tonight at the track. And will post my results.
Log DYNCYLAIR_DMA and DYNAIR.

Try removing 2 degrees of timing at that spot (which will be indicated to you when you log DYNCYLAIR_DMA).