PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Chev Malibu MAX

ZL1Killa
July 10th, 2008, 11:47 PM
ok guys, I know gm was doing funny things changing pcms and whatnot during this time of 05-07...

so what i'm wondering for one, can i tune this vehicle? ( I believe I cannot from what i have read)

2nd question, Can I swap in a 2007 PCM from the exact make/model car and is the pinout the same?

if so, where can i buy a 2007 PCM from? just gm direct?

GMPX
July 11th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Can't say for sure, if you can provide a VIN that would help, or, go to GM's CalID site and figure out the PCM Operating System and let us know what that is.

Cheers,
Ross

ZL1Killa
July 12th, 2008, 05:04 AM
what is GM's Cal ID site? ...going to try googling it to see what turns up, I will get the VIN To you sometime this weekend

GMPX
July 12th, 2008, 12:34 PM
http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

ZL1Killa
July 14th, 2008, 05:24 AM
http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

vin # 1G1ZT61816F174020

came up as:
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g242/zl1killaws6/Computer/untitled.jpg

ZL1Killa
July 20th, 2008, 12:44 AM
anyone know if I can swap in the 2007 PCM direct?

GMPX
July 20th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I'm pretty sure that is what is called a P05 (at least that is what is stamped on the case). It actually looks just like an E40, but internally is quite different.
We have plans to add full V6 support (using the Delco/Delphi PCM's), but it's not a high priority at this stage.

Cheers,
Ross

ZL1Killa
July 20th, 2008, 10:19 PM
thanks for that info;

well see, I could just pay the $ for the pcm, swap it and then be able to tune it (of course after purchasing v2). I don't know who or how to figure out of I can just swap it from my 06 to an 07.. i have no idea who to talk to, obviously I shouldn't just swap it and see what happens? and then return the PCM (if you can even do that) if it doesn't work lol.

ZL1Killa
July 28th, 2008, 03:21 AM
ok.. well does anyone know if the wiring is the same and if I can direct swap the 07 pcm into my 06 car?

b/c I can get V2 efi live for $399 and then the PCM for $186... so i'm kind of just waiting on feedback here.

wonder how long before my pcm details would be added to the tunable cars list tho?

ZL1Killa
September 3rd, 2008, 03:26 AM
where could I possibly find out of the wiring is the same? or should I just buy the new pcm, plug it in and see what happens, LOL. and if it doesn't work just send it back for a full refund

GMPX
September 3rd, 2008, 09:58 AM
2007 will probably use an E67 (or E38), totally different.

Cheers,
Ross

ZL1Killa
September 19th, 2008, 03:05 PM
well i bought a buddy an inch-lb torque wrench as he didn't have one and he has helped me greatly in the past, and ends up his tuning software (HPTuners) can tune my 2006 malibu; SO I asked and depending if he needs to buy credits or not I will either buy the credits or he will just tune it, being a friend.

So, now my question arrises, I have heard that these NEW computers, if you flash them with a new tune that something trips/triggers in the PCM and then if you go to get inspections? or just issues worked out under warranty and they look at the computer it won't pass inspections or will kill your warranty as it is modified??

what years did they implement something like this, and is mine included?

thank you for any responses. I'm trying to clear this up, as a friend also has a cobalt and he wants to get it tuned but doesn't want the trouble of not being able to pass inspections AND/OR get work done under warranty

ZL1Killa
September 23rd, 2008, 05:49 AM
So, now my question arrises, I have heard that these NEW computers, if you flash them with a new tune that something trips/triggers in the PCM and then if you go to get inspections? or just issues worked out under warranty and they look at the computer it won't pass inspections or will kill your warranty as it is modified??

what years did they implement something like this, and is mine included?

ZL1Killa
September 23rd, 2008, 11:24 PM
OR is this just a simple fact, if its a tuned PCM your warranty is void. and it has nothing to do with inspections

joecar
September 24th, 2008, 02:50 AM
My future understanding of the new ECM's:
- ECM will remember details of previous flashes;
- flashing will void warranty (for the whole vehicle);
- flashing will violate smog laws (since ECM is considered an emissions device);
- smog test may attempt to read ID's/CVN's and compare to known list;

It sux if you live in a smog enforcing state.

ZL1Killa
September 24th, 2008, 06:29 AM
- flashing will violate smog laws (since ECM is considered an emissions device);

Thank you!!!!

What year did they implement this? North Carolina has yet to enforce SMOG testing for gases, but we do have the readiness tests at inspection time.

basically i'm just trying to get my car tuned and want to know if I will still pass inspection. I would love to get an additional couple MPG and HP out of it.

ZL1Killa
October 3rd, 2008, 10:11 AM

we don't have the sniffers, but we do have the readiness tests