PDA

View Full Version : V2 BBL and 1 GB SD card - intermittant

turbo_bu
July 14th, 2008, 04:21 AM
I've been using the BBL for about a month now. Originally, all I had was the internal memory. Then shortly afterward, went to store and bought a SD card, a 1 GB one. They really don't sell any much smaller anymore. Anyway, during my first few times BBL, I didn't have any problems. Since I added the SD card, I have had an intermittant problem with the V2 unable to log. I should mention that I used the V2 to format the card and setup the memory to write to it. When it works, it works just like the internal memory. Unfortunately, sometimes it hangs. What happens goes like this:

plug in V2, select PIDs. Go to data logging screen hit F1 to record data, the unit does the creating file, starting scanner stuff, then the screen shows all the variables on the left with zero's on the right. Basically, it's hung ... I hit cancel, and it goes back to the data logging screen. I hit F1 again, sometimes it works, sometimes I get an error like "VSS address is invalid ....". Hit cancel, and it goes back to the data logging screen. During my last drive, I hit F1 again, and this time it worked!

There are no data logs, and the only unusual thing is that it increments the file number but doesn't write any file to memory. Basically, it just skips that one.

So far this has done the same thing on my S-10 and my 04' LB7. Not ever time, but usually after I have already done a data log, hit cancel and went to start another. Sometimes though, it will do this right away.

Any thoughts??? Things to try???? The only thing that I haven't done is swapped out the 1 GB card for something smaller. I think I have an old camera card that I could exchange with. Heck about a 10-20 MB card should hold all the more data and tunes than I could ever use.

vxleather
July 14th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Hmmm... a guy I know here in Mackay has the same issue, it will hang half way threw a log, or it will set up the file but log nothing....

ahajr
July 14th, 2008, 12:32 PM
I've had no problems at all with my 1GB card (Sandisk 1Gb 32X).

1GB is plenty I logged 24 channels from Atlanta, ga. to Biloxi, ms. and back it barely used any of it.

MICK
July 14th, 2008, 10:57 PM
I have found that some SD cards are thicker than some.

The larger MB cards seem thiner and developed a poor contact within the card socket of the V2 Flash Scan sometimes.

If I wriggle the SD card in my Flash Scan I can make the SD disappear from the LCD screen.

I placed a small piece of very sticky 3m single sided tape on one side of my SD card to improve the contacts and this helped heaps.

Not sure if this would be causing your trouble but it fixed mine.

joecar
July 15th, 2008, 03:28 AM
What brand(s) of SD card are you seeing these problems with...?

turbo_bu
July 16th, 2008, 04:26 AM
Not sure if these are problematic or not, but the 1 GB SD card that I am using is a Kodak one. I wiggled it last night and it appeared to be firmly in the socket. About as firm as the one in my camera.

I did manage to slip a small piece of paper inbetween the V2 and the card to try and "frim" it up. I'll be driving the truck tomorrow, so we will see.