PDA

View Full Version : Weird problem after convertor install.

July 14th, 2008, 04:41 AM
I installed a vig 3200 in my 05 GTO. Since them, on occasion after a signifgant burn-out, my car won't launch in 1st, it launches in second and locks up the convertor. It drives like crap until I shut the car off and re-start it. I scanned for codes, once time it gave me a vss code, so I replaced the sensor, but that didn't make a difference. The last time it happend I didn't see any codes.
I called Precision, and they were very familar with the problem, but couldn't give me any solid info on how to eliminate it from happening again. They said that because of the added slip of a high stall convertor, the factory computer puts the trans into "failsafe" mode.
Anyone know if there is anything I can "tune-out" with EFI Live??
Any help would be appricated.
Thanks,
Vinny

ssvolvo
August 5th, 2008, 10:37 PM
It's probably going into "hot" mode. I don't know how to shut it off but with EFIlive you can change the hot tables just like your normal mode.

Sounds like the fluid is getting abnormally hot. How about a big or bigger cooler installed?:shock:

charcold-bowtie
August 6th, 2008, 03:37 PM
i had a similar problem with my 60e and 2400 stall. I was getting the p0748 and p0757. I was told it was because the higher stall speed. I was also told to turn off the trans slipping test in the tune. In my truck it would lock into 3rd gear. Never shift or lock up, until i would clear the codes. Then it was fine