PDA

View Full Version : Is there an "accelerator pump" table?

zapp168
July 14th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Sorry that was the only way I could think to describe this. I am working on tuning my Trans Am with a 416 D1 procharger using CO#3 OLSD and I get a large lean spike when I first accelerate, it is enough to feel, and seems to be at every RPM. I am still set up doing auto VE, but I don't recall this happening last time I tuned it? Feels like a carb with no accelerator pump. Any ideas?

redhardsupra
July 14th, 2008, 11:44 AM
what do you have for fuel system? if it's non-return, i've seen a slight delay in fuel delivery, converting to return style usually cures it.

zapp168
July 14th, 2008, 12:25 PM
I have the stock 98 f-body set up with a racetronix pump and hot wire kit

ScarabEpic22
July 16th, 2008, 03:31 PM
I think you are describing the Transient Fueling tables that EFILive doesnt have done for the LS1 PCMs yet. The E38/E67 ones are in the tunes though, looks like they'll really help fix your problem when they are released for the LS1s.

zapp168
July 17th, 2008, 04:02 AM
I will be waiting.......

hquick
July 17th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Yeah....take a number and wait in line. Lol!
We're still waiting/hoping Ross will have this done some time in the not too distant future.
I get the same thing as does Justin as does pretty much everyone running a blower from what I've heard.
Hey Ross/Paul....how far off are the LS1 transient tables???? Please?????????

I think this pic shows the issue you describe!

zapp168
July 20th, 2008, 11:31 AM
That is pretty much it, am I making boost faster than PCM can compensate? If I add a smaller pulley will it get worse?