PDA

View Full Version : i have no idea where to start...(new guy)

RayBUCK
July 15th, 2008, 05:18 AM
Please forgive me for the long post or the fact that it might be in the wrong place! I think the best way to list my questions is numerical and anyone who wants can pitch in with there 2 cents for whatever questions they know something about. Thanks again for any help!

1. What all do I need to order to get stated?
2. I think I only want to do my truck but if I get good at it I want to offer it to people who come to our shop?
3. How hard is it?
4. Is there an "escape button" if you mess up?
5. How advanced is the trans tuning?
6. Is there something to adjust it on the fly like an Edge or Bullydog?

im sure I have more questions but this is all I can think of for right now. I am pretty sure I can handle it if its anything like F.A.S.T. I have an all wheel drive dyno at my shop that I can use on weekends to tune it. Is that the preferred method?

LBZRCKS
July 15th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Please forgive me for the long post or the fact that it might be in the wrong place! I think the best way to list my questions is numerical and anyone who wants can pitch in with there 2 cents for whatever questions they know something about. Thanks again for any help!

1. What all do I need to order to get stated?
EFI LIVE V2 depending on what you plan to tune
2. I think I only want to do my truck but if I get good at it I want to offer it to people who come to our shop? Depending on what you tune, you can by a stream license or a license for every vehicle you tune for $99
3. How hard is it?
Not too hard once you get the hang of it;)
4. Is there an "escape button" if you mess up?
5. How advanced is the trans tuning?
Depends on how far you want to go, from changing tire size or shift points to shift times
6. Is there something to adjust it on the fly like an Edge or Bullydog?
Only available for the LB7 and LLY duramaxes right now

im sure I have more questions but this is all I can think of for right now. I am pretty sure I can handle it if its anything like F.A.S.T. I have an all wheel drive dyno at my shop that I can use on weekends to tune it. Is that the preferred method?

I would talk to either Guy@SoCal Diesel or Pat/Kat @McRat Racing, I've been working with both of them lately and have no complaints at all.