PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to get a V2 copy?

duramaximizer
July 15th, 2008, 09:48 AM
I have a V2 currently, and I would like to have an exact copy of it, and I didn't know if it would be possible to get a second one to have all the same VIN's stored in it. (Like how the upgrade from the V1 to V2 worked. (I think.))

This unit ideally would have the same SN: (or somehow closely related???) So that every time I bought a licence, it would update both cables.

For example, I have cable (A) that has tuned 4 vettes, 3 lly duramaxes and 1 lbz. Is there anyway to get cable (B) to work on all 4 vettes, 3 lly duramaxes and 1 lbz without buying all the additional licences? Further more If I bought one new licence could I get it to work so that when I plug cable (A) into another (Z)vehicle that the next time I go to plug in cable (B) into my laptop that it will automatically store vehicle (Z) to cable (B).

So when I buy a licence .... it will automatically only allow 1 cable to have the licence innitially but allow both cables pemission to tune to the vin after after they have been updated from the computer.

This might sound complicated but in my little head it makes sense.

Basically, what I have is no cable (because it's getting repaired) and I would like to have an idenical spare to use because it is taking forever to get repaired and by the time I pay overnight shipping a couple of times, I could have just purchased another cable. Plus, I could use the spare cable for data recording on this one truck that only seems to randomly pop a code and go into limp mode in the middle of BFE once a month. I can't have my V2 gone that long for just data logging. Let alone for repairs. This is getting rediculous. :doh2:

BTW is there anyway to purchase a full workshop version anymore or was that taken away when streams were invented?:confused:

joecar
July 15th, 2008, 10:09 AM
I pm'd Paul the developer... he is out of office for a few days, but he'll contact you when he gets back.

duramaximizer
July 15th, 2008, 10:39 AM
I'll pm him the thread. Whenever he replies is fine, but I am just getting frustrated.

TAQuickness
July 15th, 2008, 07:54 PM
On a similar note/feature request - If we could transfer or swap a license cable to another would be great (i.e. If I tune a buddy's car and later he buys EFILive, let me swap his VIN license with one of his unused licenses).

GMPX
July 16th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Paul did develop a cloning system to help customers that needed to replace a damaged unit (smashed LCD etc), so it cna be done.
If you can please hold off until Monday we will be able to let you know if it can be done for your situation, ie, not a warranty replacement.

The concept of the full workshop package like what V1 had is now gone with V2 mainly based on people not wanting to pay for vehicle tuning support they did not need.
The supported vehicle coverage between V1 & V2 is more than double, so from our end we can't give it away either!.

Cheers,
Ross

duramaximizer
July 17th, 2008, 01:02 PM
That's all fair, just asking some simple questions. :)

Blacky
July 18th, 2008, 08:42 PM
There is a cloning option, but that option currently requires that the recipient FlashScan device has enough free (i.e. purchased) license slots to accept the licenses from the donor cable.

The idea of "floating" VIN licenses that can be used on multiple FlashScan cables is being designed but a secure implementation is not yet available.

Regards
Paul

duramaximizer
July 19th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Ya I was hoping that I wouldn't have to repurchase license slots to put old vin's on a new clone cable.