PDA

View Full Version : parameters not updating during emulation

limited cv8r
July 15th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Has any had any trouble with some parameters not updating or making any change to the way the tune behaves whilst emulating? I have had trouble with speedo changes not making any difference at all, also the other night, changed rev limiter with no effect. From memory I think I had to reinstall my original PCM and change and flash parameter changes for speedo calcs to work.

TFZ_Z06
July 16th, 2008, 04:54 AM
Has any had any trouble with some parameters not updating or making any change to the way the tune behaves whilst emulating? I have had trouble with speedo changes not making any difference at all, also the other night, changed rev limiter with no effect. From memory I think I had to reinstall my original PCM and change and flash parameter changes for speedo calcs to work.

I have not had an occurence when it did not update--that I know of.
Make sure you click the REAL TIME button, not just the emulation mode of use.

limited cv8r
July 16th, 2008, 03:47 PM
I understand how the RR works, just statng a couple of strange glitches I have come accross.

Delco
July 16th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Some things that only get looked at on key on and then stored in RAM do not get updated in real time as the PCM doesnt look at that variable again.

Make the changes , then do a full write and key off , restart and all will be updated.

limited cv8r
July 16th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Are there any general areas where these parameters are? eg. speedo,system, etc or are they all through the calibration?

Delco
July 16th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Fixed variables that cant change or be part of a lookup table are normally loaded as the pcm intialises that way it saves looking at them later on in the routines and frees up more processing time for the cpu. There are quite a few that are laoded on startup througout the cal .

limited cv8r
July 16th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Ok, thanks for that.That should save me some confused looks and a lot of swearing.

JezzaB
July 17th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Ive had some issues with VIN numbers beng lost and 000000000000 being written. I have to flash back in a stock OS then the custom OS and sometimes it comes good. This only happens now and then.

When 000000000000 is in there I cant change it and it can't scan all of the PID because the scan tool doesnt know what to look up.

Oh well..

Jez

vxleather
July 17th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Jez that tune we put in the RR last nght has that 0000000000000000 vin ......