PDA

View Full Version : Will it do what I want?

samdweezel05
July 17th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Here is a list of the cars and trucks I will be tuning.

03' duramax
07' duramax
07 suburban
06 Corvette C6 LS2 w/A6 auto trans

My question is will the V2 that I can buy for $750 be able to program all of the motors and transmissions in these? I know I will have to buy more licenses. Does a license do a motor and a transmission in the same car or do I need one license for the motor and another for the trans? Thank's

Phil

ScarabEpic22
July 18th, 2008, 08:06 AM
V2 is required to do your 06+ stuff so you definitely need a V2 and not a V1. You will need to purchase 2 more VIN licenses at $99 (EFILive retail price) to tune all of them. A VIN license (V2 comes with 2) allows you to tune an ECM and TCM in the same vehicle (so your Duramax LMM ECM and and the Allison 6spd trans controller use one VIN license).

samdweezel05
July 18th, 2008, 10:42 AM
So does that mean I don't need any special streams or what ever they are called to do any of the work I want to do? I want to be able to tune tham all and be able to install a tune from some else if I feel the need. Thank's

Phil

Tordne
July 18th, 2008, 03:02 PM
No Streams required, just a total of 4 VIN licenses (2 are included in base product).

TAQuickness
July 18th, 2008, 09:43 PM
What they said & yes, you can download a tune from another vehicle or source, and apply it to one of your licensed PCM/TCM's with no extra cost.

samdweezel05
July 19th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Thank's for the answers. I ordered it today. This should be interesting.

Phil

TAQuickness
July 19th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Good deal. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at what you'll be able to tune.

samdweezel05
July 20th, 2008, 02:10 AM
I put my money pit Duramax on the dyno and was not happy with numbers. Some of it was the fact that I could not hold it in 4th gear for the run, some of it was the fact that I broke the tires loose on the rolers and some of it was from using a normal tuner. It should have been well over 588 horsepower but the EFI live will change that. Thank's

Phil