PDA

View Full Version : My V1 stopped working!!!!!

RandyWS6
July 19th, 2008, 03:08 PM
To day I did some logging and it worked fine, The i done a re flash on the fan settings and it worked fine ,But after i close out i reopened up the scan tool it wound not connect , on the black box only the OBD & USB lights were flashing. And would get a error code 31 could connect. I have Predator hand held and plug it in and it worked fine. This is the first time Ive had any problems with the V1 and Ive own it since 2003 . Ive tried every thing restart my laptop , unplug the usb cable and even tried it on my other laptop that i have for a backup and it does the same thing. Does the V1 has any kind of warranty ? I need to send it back to get it fix ASAP !!!!!!

hquick
July 19th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Have you emailed Paul?

RandyWS6
July 19th, 2008, 10:27 PM
No i havent, How do i get his e-mail address ?

TAQuickness
July 19th, 2008, 10:39 PM
PM Blacky or support@efilive.com

RandyWS6
July 20th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Thanks.

joecar
July 20th, 2008, 03:54 AM
Check the cigar lighter fuse before you send it back.

RandyWS6
July 20th, 2008, 04:09 AM
I know this is a stupid question, but what does the cigarette lighter haft to do with it? And I did check all the fusses. But i will check and see if there power coming out of it.

TAQuickness
July 20th, 2008, 07:04 AM
the OBD2 port and cigarette lighter are on the same fuse.

RandyWS6
July 20th, 2008, 07:20 AM
The hand held that i have works just find, and it gets its power from the OBD2 port also. Im at work right now but when i get home ill check it any way.

joecar
July 20th, 2008, 07:55 AM
I pm'd tech support.

Blacky
July 20th, 2008, 08:15 AM
To day I did some logging and it worked fine, The i done a re flash on the fan settings and it worked fine ,But after i close out i reopened up the scan tool it wound not connect , on the black box only the OBD & USB lights were flashing. And would get a error code 31 could connect. I have Predator hand held and plug it in and it worked fine. This is the first time Ive had any problems with the V1 and Ive own it since 2003 . Ive tried every thing restart my laptop , unplug the usb cable and even tried it on my other laptop that i have for a backup and it does the same thing. Does the V1 has any kind of warranty ? I need to send it back to get it fix ASAP !!!!!!

After you get the error while trying to connect, save the error report and email it to me at paul@efilive.com.

Other things to try are:
1. A different USB cable
2. A different USB port on your laptop
3. A different laptop
4. Make sure you are running the latest V7.5.4.65 software, available here:
http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx

After installing the V7.5.4.65 software, you will find two programs that can be used to diagnose FlashScan USB connections.

1. USBView:
Connect FlashScan and run the \Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\Utilities\usbview program.
Make sure the device: EFILive FlashScan FSP is shown and that the Product ID and Vendor ID are the same as the screenshot provided.

2. MProg 3.0
Install MProg 3.0 by running the MProg3.0_Setup.exe program.
Then run the \Program Files\MProg 3.0a\MProg program.
Select the menu option: Tools->Read and Parse and make sure the display is the same as the screen shot provided.

Regards
Paul

RandyWS6
July 20th, 2008, 01:03 PM
After you get the error while trying to connect, save the error report and email it to me at paul@efilive.com.

Other things to try are:
1. A different USB cable
2. A different USB port on your laptop
3. A different laptop
4. Make sure you are running the latest V7.5.4.65 software, available here:
http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx

After installing the V7.5.4.65 software, you will find two programs that can be used to diagnose FlashScan USB connections.

1. USBView:
Connect FlashScan and run the \Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\Utilities\usbview program.
Make sure the device: EFILive FlashScan FSP is shown and that the Product ID and Vendor ID are the same as the screenshot provided.

2. MProg 3.0
Install MProg 3.0 by running the MProg3.0_Setup.exe program.
Then run the \Program Files\MProg 3.0a\MProg program.
Select the menu option: Tools->Read and Parse and make sure the display is the same as the screen shot provided.

Regards
Paul
I installes V7.5.4.65 still nothing ,down loaded MProg 3.0 & USB View and it looks the same as the attachments On the black box only the two lower lights are reading or blinking ( Yellow-OBD & Green-USB ) When i first plug it in the OBD port under the dash ,all 5 LED's will flash sequentially . I even tryed to log with the back box by pressing the start button and the top,the Green LED will flash once and go out. (Will not log) I hooked up my DELL XPS laptop and steal nothing and ive used it in the past as well. What else should i do

Blacky
July 20th, 2008, 03:43 PM
I have the files you sent, looking at them now... something doesn't seem right but I can't tell what it is yet. I'll figure it out asap.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
July 20th, 2008, 03:53 PM
It appears that the FlashScan device's EEPROM memory has failed. That memory stores the model, version and other important info about the device.
When the PC software queries the FlashScan device for the model it should get back the three letters: "FSP", instead FlashScan is sending back "Fxd}", which is not being recognized as a valid FlashScan device.

Please send me your FlashScan's serial number - you should be able to find it in the file: \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration\License.txt.

Regards
Paul

RandyWS6
July 20th, 2008, 10:41 PM
It appears that the FlashScan device's EEPROM memory has failed. That memory stores the model, version and other important info about the device.
When the PC software queries the FlashScan device for the model it should get back the three letters: "FSP", instead FlashScan is sending back "Fxd}", which is not being recognized as a valid FlashScan device.

Please send me your FlashScan's serial number - you should be able to find it in the file: \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration\License.txt.

Regards
Paul

Sent to ya.

RandyWS6
July 21st, 2008, 06:09 AM
The black box controller has been shipped to you Blacky

RandyWS6
July 31st, 2008, 12:46 PM
Blacky fixed me right up , V1 is up and running strong now.

davus
August 4th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Hi all,

First post for me, but id just like to throw a huge thanks out to Paul.

I ran into problems with my v1 not being recognised after a failure by my USB. Paul stepped me through the eeprom reflashing, and bingo!.....im hopefully away and tuning again!.

Admitedly I havent checked it on my car yet (have the wifes car today), but at least the PC now recognises it as the correct device, and I can now access my licence information from the V1, which i previously couldnt.

THanks heaps Paul. Even if it doesnt work on the car, youve been a great help. Having said that im quietly confident.

Dave

davus
August 4th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Hi All,

Just confirming a big tick!!!. Plugged the v1 into the car tonight and away she went good as new.

Couldnt be happier with the help and promptness i got from Paul.

HIP HIP......HOORAY!

Dave

Blacky
August 4th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Hi Dave,

Glad you had the expertise to fix the physical problem (broken connector). And good that the eeprom was able to be reprogrammed successfully.

Regards
Paul

TAQuickness
August 5th, 2008, 02:25 AM
Welcome to the forum Davus