PDA

View Full Version : E-85 conversion tuning....

WHYTRYZ06
July 21st, 2008, 06:14 AM
just got off the phone w/ joecar, and he recomended that i make a post regarding this since I wanna try and run E-85 as my pump gas tune... so here goes...

this is what's been changed, done so far

1... changed B3601 to 9.765 afr (stoich for e-85)

2. calabrated the lc1 to read 0v = 6 afr and 5v = 14 afr.

3. created the calc.pic so efilive understands the new e-85 afr values. (not done yet)

4. in the pid's tab under (system) joe will create an e-85 catagory w/ the correct (calc.ben) and (calc.afr) pid's and will be labled _e-85. so we know the difference between gas and e-85..

what we, joe and myself would like to know is.... is there anything else need to be changed???

post away

thanks....

ill keep u guys posted on my e-85 adventure as soon as my car is back from the body shop.....

GMPX
July 21st, 2008, 11:47 AM
Why not go the whole way and buy the E85 sensor and have it self adjusting? GM's been doing that since 2002.

Cheers,
Ross

WHYTRYZ06
July 21st, 2008, 11:52 AM
Why not go the whole way and buy the E85 sensor and have it self adjusting? GM's been doing that since 2002.

Cheers,
Ross

and where would i get that sensor... how would it work w/efilive... ect... any links, sugestions???

TAQuickness
July 21st, 2008, 12:02 PM
If you're putting in larger injectors, you'll need to rescale your IFR table.

WHYTRYZ06
July 21st, 2008, 12:22 PM
If you're putting in larger injectors, you'll need to rescale your IFR table.

for the time being it will use the ls7 injectors that are in it...

WHYTRYZ06
July 23rd, 2008, 09:28 AM
joe has informed me that the custom pid's are done.. Im just awaiting his e-mail, then ill try out this e-85 stuff...

ill keep u guys posted

joecar
July 23rd, 2008, 10:39 AM
AJ,
Here is the calc_pids.txt containing the E85 pids;
copy this file tothe folder My Documents\EFILive\V7\User Configuration;
program your LC-1 to 0V=6AFR, 5V=14AFR.

All,
B3601 has been set to the stoichiometric AFR for E85.
Does anyone know what else needs to be done...?
The LC-1 should be good to go right...?

WHYTRYZ06
July 23rd, 2008, 10:51 AM
thanks joe....

tty tomorrow...

GMPX
July 23rd, 2008, 12:33 PM
and where would i get that sensor... how would it work w/efilive... ect... any links, sugestions???

GM dealer would see it, but before you rush and and buy one I don't know of all the other items that would need changing in the fuel system. I can't imagine it's just in the tune.

Cheers,
Ross

WHYTRYZ06
July 23rd, 2008, 12:57 PM
GM dealer would see it, but before you rush and and buy one I don't know of all the other items that would need changing in the fuel system. I can't imagine it's just in the tune.

Cheers,
Ross

I will either run straight e-85 or gas.... if i mix 'em... we will see what happens...

after all e-85 is only 105 octane, it would be just like mixing pump gas and race fuel... i think....

ChipsByAl
July 23rd, 2008, 11:54 PM
The alcohol content is corrosive and collects water very easily. The injectors are different, ifr and connector. The fuel composition sensor measures the alcohol ratio for the PCM.
Al

cmitchell17
July 24th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Ive been running straight e85 in my 2000 5.3 truck for porbably 6 months now. My injectors just hit 100% at about 5000rpm. I just changed the stoich and compied the settings for starting from a flex fuel truck.

TAQuickness
July 24th, 2008, 11:52 AM

Cheers,
Ross

The alcohol content is corrosive and collects water very easily. The injectors are different, ifr and connector. The fuel composition sensor measures the alcohol ratio for the PCM.
Al

+2. Need to check on your fuel lines as well