PDA

View Full Version : How to disable automatic update in V7.5?

pkincy
July 21st, 2008, 12:36 PM
EFI 7.5 wants to set up auto update with V7.5 and is pretty insistent about it.

How can this continuing request be disabled.

Perry

jfpilla
July 22nd, 2008, 01:53 AM
Perry,
It's been a while since I did it. Look in the control panel/add remove programs. Maybe someone will chime in if my answer is wrong.
Joe

joecar
July 22nd, 2008, 03:18 AM
You click on the EFILive vehicle icon in the tray, the update dialog appears... click OK (or whatever the button says... make like you're going to proceed)... then on the next dialog you will see a checkbox that has to be unchecked... uncheck it and click OK (or whatever the button says).

jfpilla
July 22nd, 2008, 04:53 AM
Joe,
Is Perry saying it's updating or trying set up the procedure?
Joe

pkincy
July 22nd, 2008, 05:48 AM
You click on the EFILive vehicle icon in the tray, the update dialog appears... click OK (or whatever the button says... make like you're going to proceed)... then on the next dialog you will see a checkbox that has to be unchecked... uncheck it and click OK (or whatever the button says).

It worked. Thanks Joe.

Joe P: Good to hear you are still alive and well. I have all 3 chebbys stored and have not really played with them in years, so am not really conversant with all the new things. I have a RR sitting in a drawer and don't know if or when I will ever get to putting it in the 402. The last 3 track days (1/year) has resulted in spun bearings and new motor or motor rebuild (402 twice) so I am kinda semi retired.

Keep up the good work.

Perry

jfpilla
July 22nd, 2008, 06:09 AM
Perry,
I got tired of hurting moded engines too. The best thing I've done is the LS7 crate. It's a great daily driver and is fast enough. It's too hot for racing, here, so maybe September will be cool enough.
I don't know if I could stay away from the 3 Chevy's.
Joe