PDA

View Full Version : 2006 cadillac cts-v units

general23cmp
July 22nd, 2008, 01:47 PM
Has anyone noted this problem? I open the original file and the units are metric. I change them to impirial, but only some of the actual entries values are converted. For example, when I go to impirial, the injector base flow rate chart is converted from the metric values (around 4) to the impirial values of around 33 gallons per hour. That's great since that is what you would want; however, when I go the the airflow tab for the volume of the cylinder, the value in the cell, which should be in cubic inches stays at the value of 0.75, which is the value in cubic centimeters. The stated units is cubic inches, but the retained value is way off. Similarly, when I change the units and refresh the "Out of Range" tab, I get new errors because some of the inputs were retained and not converted. It does this in more than one place, which I'd expect would be a problem. Any help?

joecar
July 23rd, 2008, 02:11 AM
Where did you change units...?

general23cmp
July 23rd, 2008, 03:29 AM
Using the uppermost toolbar under "Edit" or maybe it is "View". I dont have it in front of me at the moment, but I selected "All", then "Imperical" and all the units changed to psi, degrees F, etc...Wrong spot to do that?

joecar
July 23rd, 2008, 04:29 AM
In the tunetool, did you go Edit->Configure Display Units...?

If you did, then you have to exit the tunetool and restart it.

general23cmp
July 23rd, 2008, 07:14 AM
yes...

general23cmp
July 23rd, 2008, 07:15 AM
tried it, but still not right...

joecar
July 23rd, 2008, 08:35 AM
Hmmm... it seems some of the parameters are defined only in metric units.

GMPX
July 23rd, 2008, 11:07 AM
What table numbers were these?

general23cmp
July 26th, 2008, 03:14 PM
I know for sure that B0104 did it (displacement of one cylinder), but I assume that tables in the following "Out of Range" tab note are also wrong since they posted the out of range errors:

Out of Range calibration summary: 11:10:35 pm, Saturday Jul 26, 2008

Engine Operation.Airflow.General
{B8034} Estimated MAP Maximum, was out of range when loaded.

Engine Operation.Camshaft Phasing
{B7902} Low Baro Threshold, was out of range when loaded.
{B7903} Med Baro Threshold, was out of range when loaded.
{B7904} High Baro Threshold, was out of range when loaded

This is a stock tune, so nothing should be out of range yet...There are pobably others. This is in demo mode currently on this computer, so that might answer the question.

GMPX
July 27th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Well, looking at the 06 CTS-V tune I have here none of those are showing as out of range in either metric or imperial.

How old is the version of software you have?

Cheers,
Ross

general23cmp
July 27th, 2008, 10:19 AM
7.5.3 Build 36

joecar
July 27th, 2008, 10:39 AM
I know for sure that B0104 did it (displacement of one cylinder), but I assume that tables in the following "Out of Range" tab note are also wrong since they posted the out of range errors:

Out of Range calibration summary: 11:10:35 pm, Saturday Jul 26, 2008

Engine Operation.Airflow.General
{B8034} Estimated MAP Maximum, was out of range when loaded.

Engine Operation.Camshaft Phasing
{B7902} Low Baro Threshold, was out of range when loaded.
{B7903} Med Baro Threshold, was out of range when loaded.
{B7904} High Baro Threshold, was out of range when loaded

This is a stock tune, so nothing should be out of range yet...There are pobably others. This is in demo mode currently on this computer, so that might answer the question.The software displays out of range values as either max or min (whichever is closer).

Set them to max-1 or min+1 (whichever is closer), save the file, exit tunetool.

Then open tunetool, set them back to max or min (whichever was the old value) and save file.

GMPX
July 27th, 2008, 02:06 PM
7.5.3 Build 36
Try the 7.5.4 version here -
http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx
That is what I am running.

Cheers,
Ross