PDA

View Full Version : 6.0 truck with procharger

DKD
July 23rd, 2008, 02:29 PM
Hey everyone,

I am fairly new to tuning on the gas engine's. I have a customers 03 6.0 truck with a procharger, we have so far hit 396hp at the rear wheels on the dyno. I will admit I have been just doing the guess and check method as far as tuning goes. I have done a ton of tuning on the diesel's with EFILive, but I am kinda lost at this point with this truck. On the dyno it pulls hard and has a nice hp curve. When I take it out on the street at 55mph in od it will hardly accelerate, until you give it enough throttle to make it downshift. During that time it will build aprox 4psi of boost but still does not want to accelerate. The AFR is at 12.5:1 on the dyno during the same test. On the street the truck doesn't really take off until around 3000 rpm. If you put it to the floor from a stop it won't break the tires loose, it will pull hard through the gears at wot due to the rpm's staying above 3000. I will try and include a dyno chart if I can get it to load. Any idea's would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

DKD
July 24th, 2008, 11:01 AM
no idea's???