PDA

View Full Version : HPT to EFILive

limited cv8r
July 25th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Need to convert a HPT tune to EFILIve. Can HPT save the tune as a .bin file, so that I can then load it into flashscan?

mr.prick
July 25th, 2008, 01:41 PM
you need to have HPtuners and EFIlive to do this.

thunder550
July 25th, 2008, 02:40 PM
I think you'll probably have to load that tune into a PCM using HPT, then pull it down using EFILive. I haven't seen another way to convert it.

TAQuickness
July 25th, 2008, 09:18 PM
IIRC, you will not be able to do this, either direction, with the custom OS's

odd boy
July 26th, 2008, 04:14 AM
yes, i agree with TAQuickness. I failed to read a car tuned with hptuner, not because it was tuned by hptuner, but because the os was a costumed hptuner os.

thunder550
July 26th, 2008, 04:48 AM
If he has a standard OS though it should be able to, correct?

TFZ_Z06
July 26th, 2008, 06:30 AM
yes, i agree with TAQuickness. I failed to read a car tuned with hptuner, not because it was tuned by hptuner, but because the os was a costumed hptuner os.

I had HPTuner before I upgraded to EFI. I used their custom OS. All I had to do was transfer data and put it in a regular file, then flash the processor. Next, read the PCM w/EFI Live and it worked well. The file was not locked in this case.

Biggsy
July 26th, 2008, 10:09 AM
The cos can't be read but the std os can be (provided it hasn't been locked)

I have just read a HPT file that was locked but I had to remove the flash chip, read it in a flash reader and save it as a .bin, then I could read it in EFILIVE.
Extreeme way, but the tuner who locked the PCM has vanished and the tune he did was so lean it wasn't funny. Instead of turning the PCM into a brick, I have now recovered it.

joecar
July 27th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Good job Dave... :cheers:

vxleather
July 27th, 2008, 04:03 PM
okay I need to make sure i got this straight... you had a locked HPT tune, you read the chip and saved the file and re opened it in efilive... does this loose the calibrations etc etc... ??

odd boy
July 27th, 2008, 04:29 PM
The cos can't be read but the std os can be (provided it hasn't been locked)

I have just read a HPT file that was locked but I had to remove the flash chip, read it in a flash reader and save it as a .bin, then I could read it in EFILIVE.
Extreeme way, but the tuner who locked the PCM has vanished and the tune he did was so lean it wasn't funny. Instead of turning the PCM into a brick, I have now recovered it.

what is the flash chip? what type of flash reader are u taking about?

Biggsy
July 27th, 2008, 08:23 PM
okay I need to make sure i got this straight... you had a locked HPT tune, you read the chip and saved the file and re opened it in efilive... does this loose the calibrations etc etc... ??

Correct, EFILIVE reads the raw .bin file (as long as it wasn't a HPT COS)

All calibrations were revieled

Biggsy
July 27th, 2008, 08:27 PM
what is the flash chip? what type of flash reader are u taking about?

Its the 44 pin INTEL flash chip. AB28F400B5

Trust me, you don't want to have to buy one of these readers ($$$), it would be cheaper to buy HPT, flash the tune to a PCM and read it back off with EFILIVE

I have one for other purposes that justify the cost.

Cheers,

JezzaB
July 27th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Its the 44 pin INTEL flash chip. AB28F400B5

Trust me, you don't want to have to buy one of these readers ($$$), it would be cheaper to buy HPT, flash the tune to a PCM and read it back off with EFILIVE

I have one for other purposes that justify the cost.

Cheers,

Williem USB GQ programmer mate and a PSOP44 pin adaptor will set you back about $100.. works like a charm

Jez

limited cv8r
July 27th, 2008, 08:43 PM
can some one with hp tuner let me know, can it save a tune as a .bin file?

Biggsy
July 27th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Williem USB GQ programmer mate and a PSOP44 pin adaptor will set you back about $100.. works like a charm

Jez

Sweet, weren't that cheap when I was looking!

Don't forget the steady hand for soldering!

Biggsy
July 27th, 2008, 09:04 PM
can some one with hp tuner let me know, can it save a tune as a .bin file?

Not as a RAW .bin file
Sorry

vxleather
July 27th, 2008, 09:56 PM
you all a bunch of now it all's

wish i had that ability to understand what you where talking about....RAW .bin files.... USB programmer thingy's and ps0p44561685654 adaptors... anyone would think you guys are smart...

Biggsy
July 27th, 2008, 10:04 PM
you all a bunch of now it all's

wish i had that ability to understand what you where talking about....RAW .bin files.... USB programmer thingy's and ps0p44561685654 adaptors... anyone would think you guys are smart...

lol
I don't mind explaining them if you want

JezzaB
July 27th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Sweet, weren't that cheap when I was looking!

Don't forget the steady hand for soldering!

Yep, the steady hand and solding skills is the hard bit. Way too easy to rip the pads off the PCB in the PCM

joecar
July 28th, 2008, 05:10 AM
You also need the illuminated magnifier on the articulated arm... (...I have been as age progresses...)

WHYTRYZ06
July 28th, 2008, 08:29 AM
im already lost... too techy for me....

GMPX
July 28th, 2008, 09:45 AM

Jez

Yikes, $100 for a PSOP44 adaptor!, I paid near $400, did I get ripped or what?

Cheers,
Ross