PDA

View Full Version : downloading stock tune ?

CountryBoy
July 26th, 2008, 10:14 AM
I 've watched nicks downloading tutorial a dozen times now. I hook everything up and efi reads my stock tune. It shows my vin# while reading but, once you turn the ignition off and close out the window it doesn't show the vin # N/A is all i get there. Can some please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

TAQuickness
July 26th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Welcome to the forum CountryBoy. I've PM'd tech support.

VHR
July 26th, 2008, 12:22 PM
I posted this same question last week. Ross said it would not be a problem-and it wasn't.

Blacky
July 26th, 2008, 12:41 PM
I'm pretty sure in older versions of EFILive we didn't store the VIN for the LBZ/LMM controllers in the *.tun file as that info is not read from the controller during a flash upload.

In later versions, I think the VIN was read using normal Scan Tool commands and then stored in the *.tun file in the meta data section.

Make sure you are using the latest version. If you are using the latest version (V7.5.4 build 65) please email the *.tun file to me at paul@efilive.com and I'll take a look.

Regards
Paul

CountryBoy
July 26th, 2008, 12:52 PM
I just got my efi today and have the lateset software for it. I will get my stock tune and send it to you in about 20 mins. Thanks Clinton

Blacky
July 26th, 2008, 02:59 PM
For the LBZ/LMM controllers, the VIN is supposed be saved and displayed each time you load the *.tun file.
However, there appears to be a bug that sets the VIN to "N/A" after reading the ECM and before saving the *.tun file.

I have fixed the bug and it will be available in the next update.

Meanwhile, you can type the actual VIN over the top of the "N/A" and then re-save the file.
That should make the VIN permanent in the *.tun file.

Note: it makes no difference what value you put in the VIN field in the *.tun file (for LBZ/LMM controllers), EFILive does not use it.
It is really only for your reference.

Regards
Paul

CountryBoy
July 26th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Thanks Blacky. I'll hopefully be flashing my truck tomorrow for the first time with the dpf deleted. Then my off road truck will be code free. Thanks again
Clinton