PDA

View Full Version : Ok so stupid question

921500Z71
July 27th, 2008, 07:11 AM
So i just got v2 and i cant seem to find some answers in the tutorials and help section to my questions. I have my hunches but have come here to get a clear answer.

So do I need to have a laptop present with me in the truck and hooked up to the scan tool and also the scan tool hooked up to the obd 2 port? I would go try it but the my laptop is mia for a while, atleast until i get a new one and only have a desktop right now. I have been able to download tunes and mess around with the tuning software just fine but getting the tune onto the truck has proven very difficult. Also if it does have to be hooked liked asked i guess that i cant load my vin #'s yet as well? Thanks in advance

joecar
July 27th, 2008, 11:55 AM
921500Z71, welcome...:cheers:

Stupid would be to not ask... ;)

Yes, PC->V2->OBD2.

What truck do you have and what have you transplanted in...?

If it is a transplant, do this:
1. do full flash of your OS using the tunetool (Flash->Program PCM OS and Cals),
2. set the VIN using the scantool (Bidirectional->Change VIN),
3. if you have a BCM, do a VAT relink [only] from the tunetool.

921500Z71
July 27th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Sorry didnt fill out a sig yet. 04 LB7 Dmax. The other truck is gonna be a 07 LBZ but my buddy isnt back yet so im gonna play with mine first. Thanks for the reply I dont get to try it out until next weekend since im gonna be away from the truck. But i can bring the install cd with me and read more on the instructions of the whole thing. Thanks for the welcome and quick response:cheers: