PDA

View Full Version : tuneing a race only car

Aint Skeered
July 28th, 2008, 02:29 AM
I will more then likely go with a cos . Not sure which would fit my needs best but here is what I am working with.

I am using an 01 ecu from a truck, car is a 64 chevy II with an ls1 . I am going speed density but also dont want to fool with o2 sensors .

What needs to be done to get a tune with out either o2's or maf?

I am thinking its just the same as dong auto ve but never going back to closed loop or plugging the maf in but am not sure that will be sufficient.

Just looking for reassurence

Naf
July 29th, 2008, 07:52 AM
I am using a LC-1 WB sensor and i took the 1v output and plugged it into the ECU. Its the best of two worlds. You get the NB for the ECU to run Closed loop but you also get WB readings for tunin.

Best thing is to run Open loop all the time and tune so your AFR is 14.5 below 3500 and 13.0 above 3600 with 12.8 at max torque or around 4000-4400.

Make sure you have a temp sensor installed for the ECU to know the air temp so you dont run too high of timin...

On the timin side you may obtain through EGT sensor. You want a temp of 2500F for best operation. If you have headers you want to install the EGT on cylinder 1 as close to the cyliner head as possible...

Have fun with that...

Aint Skeered
July 29th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I am going to stay in open loop. I am going to put an iat sensor in the pipe for the ram air.
Thanks for the advice.