PDA

View Full Version : V2 "No interface cable found"????? Why??

nitrorocket
July 28th, 2008, 10:19 AM
I have a new laptop, windows XP. I have never used the V2 yet on a car and am starting to get a little fustrated I cannot tune a pile of cars I have waiting due to these goofy software glitches... never had any issues with V1. Help!! lol

I have V2_4_72_FFW for my download. I can read pcm calibrations on a 2000 escalade I am working on but when I try to connect to scan or log I get error code: ERR_NOCABLE/31. Why can I read pcm infrmation, read codes, etc, but not be able to connect for scanning and such?

I tried rebooting my laptop, disconnecting and reconnecting everything a few times and still nothing.

GMPX
July 28th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Hi Nitro.

How is the Chevelle going?
It might be a driver related issue you are having, I would suggest you download and install the software listed here -
http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx

This version will automatically install the drivers so you won't even be prompted for driver locations etc from Windows. Give that a shot.

Cheers,
Ross

nitrorocket
July 28th, 2008, 10:48 AM
The Chevelle sold.... nasty divorce...

I have that download... that is what is wierd. Also USB view shows I am connected to V2, so I am not sure what is going on. my laptop just finally went dead, I have to recharge before I can waste more time trying to figure this out. lol.

joecar
July 28th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Scott,

Uninstall all previous versions of the EFILive software... and the go ahead and install the one that Ross linked you to.

nitrorocket
July 28th, 2008, 10:57 AM
I just downloaded it from that link 5 days ago... I am pretty sure that is the one I have. Right?

nitrorocket
July 28th, 2008, 11:03 AM
I just looked, it is the 7.5.4.65 download...

joecar
July 28th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Ok, go with .65... uninstall all previous versions first.

TAQuickness
July 28th, 2008, 11:41 PM
In the scan tool, have you selected to use the V2 cable?

nitrorocket
August 2nd, 2008, 08:40 AM
I have selected to use the V2 cable, that was an issue, but now I get as far as I can read the tune in the cars pcm, but when I try to load a new tune it says it cannot communicate with flashscan. WTF.

This is rediculous, I dont have 5,000 hours to mess with this stuff to get it to work. I now have 6 cars lined up for a tune and I cannot do anything besides look like a total ass when I cannot get this software to work. very embarrasing and fustrating.

Plain and simple, the software should be able to be loaded, and then I should be able to tune.

Help...

C3vette75
August 3rd, 2008, 03:19 AM
nitrorocket I was having similar problems as you mainly because I don't use efilive very often, just for my 2001 vet and have to relearn some things when I do use it. I did notice that if you bring up the tuning tool before plugging the V2 usb cable into the pc it will not recognize the cable correctly. You have to plug into the pc first and then open the tuning tool. Also when the warnings come up during the programing process you must check the box in the lower left corner. I hope this helps.

nitrorocket
August 5th, 2008, 09:47 AM
I have done that, not sure what is going on. I turn on the laptop, plug in the cable to the laprop then the car, bring up tuning, read pcm, then I edit the tune. The problem is when try to load save calibration to the pcm, a window pops up that says it cannot comunicate with flashscan.

I need this working despretly as I have 2 trucks waitng on Augist emissions testing and I need to rest the pcm...

Blacky
August 5th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Make sure you are using the latest version of EFILive (V7.5.4.63) and the latest firmware is in your FlashScan device (V2.05.19).
Available here:
http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx

Install both V7.5.4 and V8.1.1
After installing V8.1.1 make sure you read the document:
Start->All Programs->EFILive->:V8.1->Documents->Upgrading FlashScan
which explains how to get your FlashScan device up to the latest firmware.

Once your FlashScan has (or if it already has) the latest firmware, then...

If FlashScan has trouble communicating with the vehicle after a read or flash, press Ctrl+OK (on FlashScan's keypad) to re-check the link to the vehicle. If the link is still ok then you will see either CAN 01 or VPW 01 in the bottom right hand corner of FlashScan's display. (The 01 will show as 02 if a trans controller is also detected).

If no protocol is displayed then reboot FlashScan to force a re-sync of the comms with the vehicle. To reboot FlashScan press Ctrl+Cancel.

Regards
Paul