PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Avalanche

Dale
July 28th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Does anyone know if the 2007 and 2008 Avalanche use the same pcm/tune? And does anyone have a copy of that tune?

I am trying to help a co-worker over the phone hook up a DMI (distance measure) and the mfg of the device doesnt have anything for that new of a setup.

A wire diagram would be best/better.

2008 Avalance
5.3 engine
auto trans
think it is a 4x4

I am guessing if I could get him to bring it to me(later in the week would be soonest), It could download the tune? But then he would have to drive back to the location. :bad:

GMPX
July 28th, 2008, 10:40 AM
They both use an E38 but being different years would have different operating systems. Sorry, I don't have a tun for either.

Cheers,
Ross

Dale
July 28th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Edit, ok looks like the same pcm as the LS7. Just a different tune.

Hopefully he will root around under the hood for me to verify what he has. Waiting on a call back.

GMPX
July 28th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Oh, you might be right on that. I just pulled some VIN's on 2007/8 models off Google and searched on CalID. A visual inspection would be the best way to determine which one he has.

Cheers,
Ross

Dale
July 31st, 2008, 05:46 AM
ok, truck is sitting outside. I downloaded the tune but it does not help me on the wiring aspect. My stupid butt left my paperwork at home as to what pins "might" be what.

I told him pcm might be under the fusebox, lol. Its mounted to its own bracket off the frame or body. :doh2:

PCM has 2 plugs on the front, and one on the back. That would be E38 as you suggested correct?

If so, then I am suspecting a darkgreen w/ white stripe coming out of a plug 51 or 57, cant remember. One is vss, other is fuel relay.