PDA

View Full Version : Download Tune Settings

Coker6303
July 29th, 2008, 02:08 PM
I'm sure this is illegal and copyright infringement but I have to ask anyway.

Would it be possible to plug my EFI Live controller to my truck while the truck has another tuner's tune in the computer and download these settings to see what has been changed?? This would really speed up my learning process in tuning the LMM!

Thanks in advance

Russell

GMPX
July 29th, 2008, 02:28 PM
It sure has been discussed at length over the years, the short answer is yes you can read it out. Much like you can download free music off the internet, it's your choice if you do it or not.

Cheers,
Ross

Coker6303
July 29th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Thanks Ross.

I apologize for the beginner questions but I am a little intimidated by EFI Live system!

I can use the scan tool anytime right? No matter what program is installed? As long as I don't try to tune the truck with another program in the system, everything should be fine?

GMPX
July 30th, 2008, 10:46 AM
No problem Coker6303, we were all beginners at some stage.
Using the scantool on a truck is no problem, the only thing to be wary of is if the truck has an inline power up device (like and Edge etc) as the modifications these devices make to the running of the engine are not known to the ECM therefore will not appear on the scantool.

Cheers,
Ross

Coker6303
July 30th, 2008, 11:12 AM
10-4. I think everything is good. I have been using a flash programmer (quadzilla stealth 2). The quadzilla has been a great programmer with my DPF removed.

I'm in the middle of downloading some files using EFI Live and all I can say is WOW!! This is awesome! I think I'm going to love the new toy...

Coker6303
July 31st, 2008, 08:19 AM
They tunes that are "bootlegged" maintiain the stock OS number and only change a few calibrations. Is this typical?

What Custom OS should I use to begin custom tuning? What does it take to be able to tune the Allison?