PDA

View Full Version : Reverse lock out

cornetto
August 1st, 2008, 09:49 PM
Im working on ironing out a few bugs in my E38\L76 conversion. Reverse lockout doesnt seem to be working.

Ive taken the multimeter to the lockout connector and getting 0.5v from the ECU on the reverse lockout pin (there is +12v on the other side of the solenoid). My understanding is that the ECU pin should ground out when the vehicle is below 5 or so km\h. Does the ecu use any other info to determine when to disengage the lockout?

I dont have a clutch pedal switch (as I assumed this was just used for cruise control etc) but if installed this goes to X1-4 - so i put +12v onto this pin temporarily to see if it made a defference - still no luck.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cheers
Andrew

GMPX
August 3rd, 2008, 10:41 AM
If you are getting close to 0V on the Rev lock output then that should turn the solenoid on. The other thing to try is to use the bi-directional controls (DVT) in the scantool, in there you can manually turn on/off the output.

It is possible that GM can turn the calibration on or off depending on the application the ECM is being used on. What did the ECM come from?

Cheers,
Ross

cornetto
August 3rd, 2008, 02:47 PM
Thanks Ross - it was a US sourced ECU with a stock tune that Steve tuned for me (I think he sent s couple of similar ECU's to you to fix throttle issues). Definately not enough current going through to operate the solenoid (tested it on the Cags solenoid which I removed) so I will check with Steve to see if he needs to tweak something in the tune. Just though there may have been an essential wire I left off that is need for the lockout to operate.

Cheers

If you are getting close to 0V on the Rev lock output then that should turn the solenoid on. The other thing to try is to use the bi-directional controls (DVT) in the scantool, in there you can manually turn on/off the output.

It is possible that GM can turn the calibration on or off depending on the application the ECM is being used on. What did the ECM come from?

Cheers,
Ross