PDA

View Full Version : Install error

921500Z71
August 2nd, 2008, 06:36 AM
So here we go. I have installed my v2 on my desktop with xp and it works like a charm. When trying to install v2 on my buddys new laptop with vista while trying to install a window pops up and says "The requested operation requires elevation. Win32 error: 740". Now i know some of you are gonna say its a vista problem and i already know that it is. I just want to know how to fix the problem so we can go kick some ass out on the street thanks.

Ira
August 3rd, 2008, 07:14 AM
So here we go. I have installed my v2 on my desktop with xp and it works like a charm. When trying to install v2 on my buddys new laptop with vista while trying to install a window pops up and says "The requested operation requires elevation. Win32 error: 740". Now i know some of you are gonna say its a vista problem and i already know that it is. I just want to know how to fix the problem so we can go kick some ass out on the street thanks.

Right click on the installer and choose, "Run as Administrator" No promises, but that should do it, otherwise, log on with an Administrator account and try again.

Ira