PDA

View Full Version : Not reading DTCs

jtaylor111
August 2nd, 2008, 08:45 AM
Well I have updated my V2 the other day. I had a few issues but its working now. My check engine light is on and has been on for a lil while( I know what it is and the reason I update was to fix that problem), but just for s**ts and giggles went to read the DTCs and the V2 told me no Dtcs. Whats up with that, I know what codes are there but my V2 wont read them. I cleared em and the check engine light flashed like it cleared em(like it would do before). So why is the V2 not letting me see them?

chamlin2
October 10th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Im haveing a similar issue. although i have not figured out why the dtc is being set off i can clear the code with my v2 but on every start up it comes back. but... the v2 says no codes detected.

joecar
October 11th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Which version of bootblock/firmware is in your V2...?

chamlin2
October 11th, 2008, 08:04 AM
as of right now i cannot tell you because my v2 is on land and i am offshore working in the gulf of mexico. the last time i updated was probably around june. has a new version come out?

joecar
October 11th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Yes, there is a newer version. See www.efilive.com/downloads (http://www.efilive.com/downloads).

Read the readme.txt file in C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8.1\...

If you haven't already updated from the old 2.4.x bootblock to the new 2.5.x bootblock,
then read the readme.txt several times and understand it fully before updating,
this will save you from falling down.

chamlin2
October 11th, 2008, 08:19 AM
thank you i just looked up in the firmware updater and it looks like im running v2_4_72.ffw. i wasnt sure if i shoud update to the 8.1 or not i was thinking it was beta

joecar
October 11th, 2008, 09:35 AM
thank you i just looked up in the firmware updater and it looks like im running v2_4_72.ffw. i wasnt sure if i shoud update to the 8.1 or not i was thinking it was betaRead the V8.1 readme.txt and understand it fully brefore starting... it will save you any problems.

chamlin2
October 11th, 2008, 01:57 PM
its says i need to install v7.5.4 first is this correct? i have v7.5 already installed but not v7.5.4 lol

joecar
October 11th, 2008, 05:31 PM
First update V7.5 and V8.1 from here: www.efilive.com/downloads (http://www.efilive.com/downloads).

After you install V8.1, there is a readme (see link below) file that tells you how to update your V2 firmware/bootblock for BBL...

Read the readme several times and ask questions before going ahead with the V2 firmware/bootblock update procedure...

the V2 firmware/bootblock procedure is easy but has many steps... you can get fouled up if you don't understand the readme.

Cheers,
Joe

See the readme.txt attached to post #52: showthread.php?t=8794&highlight=readme&page=6 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=8794&highlight=readme&page=6)

chamlin2
October 11th, 2008, 05:37 PM
I sure appreciate all your help. its hard to keep up with everything when you wpend most of your time out at sea. lol thanks again