PDA

View Full Version : 6.0 with cam 1/4 log

blazinblue
August 5th, 2008, 10:34 AM
went to the track a couple days ago with my new 6.0 on my truck. I took out the 4.8 and made a few changes to my tune. Im still new to tuning so i uploaded my current tune along with a 1/4 mile log so you guys can look at it and tell me what changes do i need to make. Thanks

Aint Skeered
August 5th, 2008, 10:52 AM
I cant look at it on my work computer but what are some of the mods on the truck? Heads? Cam?

blazinblue
August 5th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Its a 222/222 cam,shorty headers,2600 stall,4.10's

Aint Skeered
August 5th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Its a 222/222 cam,shorty headers,2600 stall,4.10's

is it an lq4 or lq9? what compression?

Sounds like a good little combo you have. In my trans am I am running timing at wot set at 26 and it seems mine really loves it. Air fuel on mine is at 12.6- 12.8 while wot.

Mine is 10.3 comression with a 232/234 cam.

joecar
August 5th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Do you have a pic of your results slip...?
What is your gross vehicle weight...?

blazinblue
August 5th, 2008, 03:41 PM
The engine is a LQ4. not sure of the weight but i ran the truck with 20's. I spun off the line a little bit. i dont have a pic with me of the slip but ill post it. i ran 4 times and my best 60' was a 2.3.. Im sure i have more left in the tunning, pretty much the only thing i changed in the tune was the timing tables and VE from a 6.0 and adjusted them. I believe im running 28-29* at WOT. I read that i would also have to change the MAF table from a 6.0 tune, i did that and it would hardly even spin the tire from a stop, so it worked better how i had it with the 4.8 .. Just if someone could look all around the tune to check if everything looks good as im still new to tunning. The next step is to get a wideband, thanks in advance!

60'.....2.517
1/8.....10.031
mph.....74.31
1/4.....15.407
mph.....91.22

nonnieselman
August 5th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Do you have a built transmission? I noticed it pulled timing and throttle on the 1-2 shift.

Noticed you have a P0300 Misfire detected code in the history... What plugs are you using?

blazinblue
August 5th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Do you have a built transmission? I noticed it pulled timing and throttle on the 1-2 shift.

Noticed you have a P0300 Misfire detected code in the history... What plugs are you using?

im still rockin the stock 4ll60e with a 1-2 vette servo, i did notice something weird in the shift. im using njk iridium with ac delco wires

joecar
August 6th, 2008, 04:26 AM
VSS shows that the 1-2 shift may have spun the tires... did traction control kick in or did you let off the throttle momentarily...?

Also, reduce your channel count to 24 or less (gives 10 frames/sec instead of 5).

BTW: also note that GM has revised the plug gap from 0.060" to 0.040"... it is suspected the reason is to reduce misfire and/or knock occurrances.

blazinblue
August 6th, 2008, 02:13 PM
i dont have traction control, i had the my foot all they way never let off. I will have to check the gap on the plugs, autozone told me that they were gapped already.

charcold-bowtie
August 6th, 2008, 04:27 PM
I would reduce your hi octane table by several degrees and place it into the low octane, so in the event you catch some bad gas or something, you can safely fall back on it. I would acutally think you could find some better hi octane table in general anyway on here somewhere. Those tables would put me running the upwards of 35 degrees of timing back when i was N-A. yikes.

Like said, reduce your pids. I usually only monitor 1 bank on the IDC. I would also log gm.dyncylair-dma to see where your running in the spark table.

blazinblue
August 7th, 2008, 03:18 AM
Yea i forgot to lower the timing on the low octane table, i always use 91. how's everything else look?

charcold-bowtie
August 7th, 2008, 05:42 PM
from my quick look Not much more can be done without a wideband. I didnt look at your trans segment, but more aggresive downshifts can be made and stuff like that if you prefer. Get a wideband.

blazinblue
August 13th, 2008, 04:10 PM
also im thinking of adding bigger injectors since i have stock 25lb, would i benefit from this?

charcold-bowtie
August 13th, 2008, 05:27 PM
no. Your idc show to be around 70 percent, at it highest point. Bigger injectors would lower this. You do need to figure out what happened on the 1-2 shift. Looks to be maybe you hit your rev limiter? If your were spinning bad, dont mess with it. Get it too hook up, then see if it hits.

jsut re-read the post, you let off the throttle

blazinblue
August 17th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Also how does my PE table look? is it lean?

Aint Skeered
August 17th, 2008, 03:44 PM
it does not look to lean to me but I would not go any leaner untill you have a wideband. Your timing tables look kinda high to me . I did not look at your log but in your tune they just look pretty high.

There are more then one way to skin a cat but if you would like you could copy my timing graphs into yours and try it just to see how it does. I only run 26 deg at wot and my car runs best with less timing even though on the dyno it made best power at 29 . I went 1.5 mph faster with less timing in the 1/4 mile.

blazinblue
August 17th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Yes their high, was testing different timing when i was at the track. I copied your spark tables, going to flash it tomorrow and test it to see how it works.:)

BlackGMC
August 18th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Hmmm, first off you need to change B0104 to represent 6.0 instead of the 4.8... Changing this number will affect your VE table.... Also it looks like your running way to much timing...

blazinblue
August 18th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Hmmm, first off you need to change B0104 to represent 6.0 instead of the 4.8... Changing this number will affect your VE table.... Also it looks like your running way to much timing...

yep i made a couple changes already, corrected the cyl volume Thanks

blazinblue
August 18th, 2008, 01:36 PM
it does not look to lean to me but I would not go any leaner untill you have a wideband. Your timing tables look kinda high to me . I did not look at your log but in your tune they just look pretty high.

There are more then one way to skin a cat but if you would like you could copy my timing graphs into yours and try it just to see how it does. I only run 26 deg at wot and my car runs best with less timing even though on the dyno it made best power at 29 . I went 1.5 mph faster with less timing in the 1/4 mile.

Thanks i copied your timing tables and did a log, didn't get any knock, truck feels a bit stronger:cheers:

here it is:

Aint Skeered
August 18th, 2008, 03:27 PM
keep us posted, Hope it works out for you.