PDA

View Full Version : I wonder how the tuner did this......

hpcubed
August 25th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Initially my car was professionally tuned before flashscan became part of me. I know that they used some proprietary software (had to take the chip out and burn it).

At idle I have a commanded AFR of 13.8 to 13.9 and it is in closed loop. Stoich is set at the normal 14.6. So how did they do that? The car idles nice at that mixture. I am in the process of upgrading to a newer operating system so I guess I will loose that feature. I guess I could set the stoich to 13.9 but that would be a little messy.

TAQuickness
August 25th, 2005, 10:32 AM
what do your trims look like at idle?

mistermike
August 25th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Check your O2 switching voltages.

GMPX
August 25th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Initially my car was professionally tuned before flashscan became part of me. I know that they used some proprietary software (had to take the chip out and burn it).

At idle I have a commanded AFR of 13.8 to 13.9 and it is in closed loop. Stoich is set at the normal 14.6. So how did they do that? The car idles nice at that mixture. I am in the process of upgrading to a newer operating system so I guess I will loose that feature. I guess I could set the stoich to 13.9 but that would be a little messy.

I have heard that you can set the PCM into P.E mode all the time, or run it off the Open Loop AFR table with O2 feedback but it never goes into full closed loop as such, but, the std O2 sensors are useless at 13.8:1, they will just be sitting at 800 - 850mV. I can't see how it could 'close loop' at a commanded AFR in the 13's, or I should say, how could it measure the O2 sensor swing from say 13.4 - 14.2 AFR with std O2 sensors.

Cheers,
Ross